Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (2016)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Third viewing this evening. I love watching this movie. I love thinking about this movie. There is so very little about this movie that bugs me.

BlairCo wrote:Third viewing this evening. I love watching this movie. I love thinking about this movie. There is so very little about this movie that bugs me.
:twothumbsup:
diego luna ‏@diegoluna_ 16h16 hours ago
I got emotional reading this! #RogueOneStarWars
RLM sinks.

Allstar wrote: RLM sinks.
What did they say about Diego?

the_red_ninja wrote:
They made fun of his accent and in their TFA review they went on a dumb tirade how diversity has no importance at all.

Allstar wrote:
the_red_ninja wrote:
They made fun of his accent and in their TFA review they went on a dumb tirade how diversity has no importance at all.
To be honest, Cassian is my favorite character in the film... but diversity has no importance in this. I have no idea why people "feel" something more when they see a person of the same race or nationality. To me, if a Polish guy were the star of a Hollywood film it wouldn't be any different than if a Nigerian guy stared in it. I would relate with either of them the same. The same goes when they continue to use white guys. I don't care that they're white guys. Making them black or latino doesn't help the character, so for all that I care, they can still be white.

I would have understood it if the character had come from a different culture. In that case I would relate differently and it would be important. But when we're talking about a generic action hero in a Hollywood movie, who the fuck cares how he looks or talks?

It made Armand giddy when Ben Men kept his Aussie accent for Krennic and how happy he was for him despite Aussies getting plenty of leads in a major movies before (now imagine a Mexican who has literally never seen one in a leading role in a major movie feels). It's important to people, don't tell others how to feel and what is or isn't important.

I'm not telling them to feel different... I just fail to understand why they feel different? Why does it matter?
Allstar wrote:(now imagine a Mexican who has literally never seen one in a leading role in a major movie feels)
That's the thing, I can't imagine it. I never saw a Polish guy in a lead role and yet it wouldn't have made any difference to me if I had.

So far, this call for "diversity" seems more "racist" to me than they're arguments that "leading white guys" are "racist".

LelekPL wrote:
So far, this call for "diversity" seems more "racist" to me than they're arguments that "leading white guys" are "racist".
Sit down before you hurt yourself white guy

Diversity is not racist, it is just more accurate yo. Diversity in the beloved Star Wars Universe is a big deal.