Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (2016)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
m4st4 wrote:Because you can't provide more evidence besides 'holy shit this is worse than/on par with the prequels?' Sure.
Well, I cared about Obi-Wan Kenobi in the Prequels because he was played by a capable actor (even though some of his dialogue is quite trite). I don't think this film actually managed to make me care about any of these characters.

the_red_ninja wrote:@Bacon go see it again please. Take mom or dad with you; maybe a fresh perspective will allow you to enjoy it.
I'm obviously going to see it again but it has nothing to do with a "fresh perspective." I liked it enough to purchase too. The people responding to me either didn't read my post correctly or they don't care to hear anything I have to say. Me and my friend enjoyed the film. It was his birthday and we had hyped up ourselves to see it. We only winced or grimaced at the on the nose instances. We both agreed after we got out of the film that the first half was weak and the second half was strong. We weren't trolling the film, we weren't rooting for it to be bad, and, most importantly, we didn't find the film to be bad in any shape. I just felt initial strong disappointment for all the praise I heard only for my hope to be redeemed for the last half.

Batfan175 wrote:
m4st4 wrote:Because you can't provide more evidence besides 'holy shit this is worse than/on par with the prequels?' Sure.
Well, I cared about Obi-Wan Kenobi in the Prequels because he was played by a capable actor (even though some of his dialogue is quite trite). I don't think this film actually managed to make me care about any of these characters.
No one asked you anything.

Bacon, perhaps next time you should form a post like that first, no confusion at all.
Last edited by m4st4 on December 19th, 2016, 3:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

m4st4 wrote: No one asked you anything.

I don't care about his input for a reason.

m4st4 wrote:I don't care about his input for a reason.
because he only likes HBO's Game of Thrones, everything else is mediocre or garbage. Benioff and Weiss are the ultimate modern day artists of our time and everyone must bow down to them.

ChristNolan wrote:So is this flick worth the regret I'll immediately feel leaving the theater?
You'll parade with THE END IS NIGH for the n-th time in 'Forum Fun' so no, don't buy the ticket, I'm sure Disney will live to fight another day.

What the fuck is going on here? This movie is generic and boring. End of discussion. Lock the thread.

Random User: So, will this movie be a waste of my money?
Me: Why don't you go see the fucking thing and decide for yourself? And if it's terrible, talk about why it is and don't whine about wasting your time. I've had to sit through The Girl on the Train and Inferno, but I love talking about how awful it is.

AsianVersionOfET wrote:What the fuck is going on here? This movie is generic and boring. End of discussion. Lock the thread.
This fucking post.