Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (2016)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
BlairCo wrote:Random User: So, will this movie be a waste of my money?
Me: Why don't you go see the fucking thing and decide for yourself? And if it's terrible, talk about why it is and don't whine about wasting your time. I've had to sit through The Girl on the Train and Inferno, but I love talking about how awful it is.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Anyone notice Chopper's cameo? lmao

General Syndulla was mentioned. :ugeek:

Allstar wrote:
m4st4 wrote:I don't care about his input for a reason.
because he only likes HBO's Game of Thrones, everything else is mediocre or garbage. Benioff and Weiss are the ultimate modern day artists of our time and everyone must bow down to them.
No, I also like films like 'Love and Friendship' , 'The Neverending Story', 'Ran', and 'Mad Max: Fury Road', etc. but you choose to make a hyperbolic point about me to justify dismissing me and the points I make, rather than consider that people can like things and at the same time be very critical of certain aspects (I can concede a lot of criticisms of GOT too, like the sexposition and some writing problems that result in some subplots being nonsensical but they are not enough to bring down the experience for me and then there are some criticisms that don't ring true to me in the way I watch that show). If I don't complain about a film's aspect it might be that I don't feel the need to criticise that aspect or maybe I have not seen that particular film. I gave this one 6.5/10 because without strong characters to care about it can only ever be mediocre because that's a basic filmmaking element one needs to get right, no matter how ambitious the script might be. This film did not get that right. There are things I can admire about the Prequels without saying that those things make the Prequels good films per se. I just do not think that the Prequels are 100% awful, how bad of me to say that some things are done better in those overall worse films than in this mediocre one.

Allstar wrote:Anyone notice Chopper's cameo? lmao

When/where?

m4st4 wrote:

When/where?
Shortly after Jyn gives her speech General Syndulla is called over the speaker to report to the base.

Chopper pops up in the left corner of the screen when Mon Motha is informed of the attack on Scariff.

From everything I've heard I am very excited about this. I liked Edwards Godzilla a little more than most apparently did, and everybody's saying this is better. Plus just from some of the details I've read it seems right for me. Tuesday night is the night

I was too distracted by the other 600 pandering Star Wars references in this movie to notice.

Batfan175 wrote:I was too distracted by the other 600 pandering Star Wars references in this movie to notice.
I know right! I was fangirling in my seat.

Batfan175 wrote:

I was too distracted by the other 600 pandering Star Wars references in this movie to notice.
Too distracted by masturbating to Benioff and Weiss.

Batfan175 wrote:

*Evazan/Ponda Baba
*I have a bad feeling-
*Threepio and Artoo
*They've replaced the T-15

What are the other ones?