Godzilla: King of the Monsters (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Yay

As long as ATJ isn't in the next one dragging the movie down I'm game for a sequel

fenwayconnor wrote:As long as ATJ isn't in the next one dragging the movie down I'm game for a sequel
Hey now, ATJ transformed...

ChristNolan wrote:
fenwayconnor wrote:As long as ATJ isn't in the next one dragging the movie down I'm game for a sequel
:clap:

I knew this news was coming at some point, but I'm glad Godzilla is doing well in cinemas to warrant a sequel. There's many possibilities where this film could go, and I hope we are introduced to new characters rather than the old ones (Although, Watanbe's character fascinated me, so he could still be present).

BlairCo wrote:I knew this news was coming at some point, but I'm glad Godzilla is doing well in cinemas to warrant a sequel. There's many possibilities where this film could go, and I hope we are introduced to new characters rather than the old ones (Although, Watanbe's character fascinated me, so he could still be present).
Its too bad Watanabe didn't have more to do. He basically just looked bewildered the entire movie. The story should have focused more on him and his story. It would have been far more interesting than the plank of wood we followed around instead. He is too good of an actor to waste like they did, same with David Straitharn

ChristNolan wrote:

His accent was good. That's bout it. Olsen, however, was freaking incredible.

fenwayconnor wrote:
BlairCo wrote:I knew this news was coming at some point, but I'm glad Godzilla is doing well in cinemas to warrant a sequel. There's many possibilities where this film could go, and I hope we are introduced to new characters rather than the old ones (Although, Watanbe's character fascinated me, so he could still be present).
Its too bad Watanabe didn't have more to do. He basically just looked bewildered the entire movie. The story should have focused more on him and his story. It would have been far more interesting than the plank of wood we followed around instead. He is too good of an actor to waste like they did, same with David Straitharn
It was annoying that most of his screen entrances was just of him staring bewildered at the destruction left by Godzilla, but I do feel like they can have more with with his character, because they seem to have only touched on his character.
(The watch from Hiroshima)

BlairCo wrote:
fenwayconnor wrote:
It was annoying that most of his screen entrances was just of him staring bewildered at the destruction left by Godzilla, but I do feel like they can have more with with his character, because they seem to have only touched on his character.
(The watch from Hiroshima)
Agreed that there is much more than can do with his character. Its a shame they didn't this time around.