The X-Files - The Truth Is Still Out There

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

I was a highly feverish kid one night, some 16 years ago, and after a particularly scary episode of The X-Files ('forbidden to watch', which made it more interesting for a sneaking late night mission) that involved aliens and alien abductions... I ended up crawling behind the TV-set, completely delusional. So, my parents heard me crying, opened the door, it was dark in the room... and the ray of light from the hallway illuminated their silhouettes. Guess what they looked like to me? You guessed it right - grey aliens. The X-Files is still one of my favorite series of all time. Now for some great news for the future...
We originally broke the news that The X-Files would be getting an HD “remastered” make-over for possible Blu-ray release a couple years ago (see our reports here and here)? Well, we’re now hearing that HTV Illuminate is apparently nearly done with their work on the HD remaster of the entire series. It’s still not yet been slated for Blu-ray release by 20th Century Fox, nor has it appeared in HD on Netflix, but remastered episodes are already running in syndication on the new El Rey Network and on the German TV network ProSieben Maxx HD. Apparently it started back in January in Germany and screenshots have been appearing around the Net recently. Here’s an example (all credit out to the unknown person who originally posted the screenshot):

Source: http://www.thedigitalbits.com/columns/m ... 50814_1500

Some of the screens from El Rey (posted on Blu-Ray forums):

Great news that they're almost done! I'd be very happy with a Blu Ray release. I'd be all set to do a series re-watch like I've never seen it before, certainly one of the best moments of TV.
Last edited by m4st4 on November 23rd, 2015, 4:26 am, edited 4 times in total.

Is it confirmed that X-Files Bluray is coming in 2015?

Panapaok wrote:Is it confirmed that X-Files Bluray is coming in 2015?
Not yet. Complete HD remaster is already done but no announcements... some say they're (Fox) waiting for something solid on either new movie or, more likely, new rebooted series, so it would be a double-whammy this year. We'll see... Fingers crossed. I postponed my second full viewing of the entire series (first time on DVD) because of that piece of news, which is in the air for almost three years now.

I've never watched it and I really want to (even though Crazy Eight wasn't very encouraging) but if Blu-ray is coming I'll definitely wait.

Panapaok wrote:I've never watched it and I really want to (even though Crazy Eight wasn't very encouraging) but if Blu-ray is coming I'll definitely wait.
Wait it out at least until summer (Comic Con), then decide... HD rips might be out by then, or you can go DVD route... OR: You can watch the whole thing on Blu if Fox snaps from a dream at last.

It's essential viewing... at least better written parts of it, which are everlasting.

So is this show still worth watching despite its age, or...?

slimshady247 wrote:So is this show still worth watching despite its age, or...?
Shall I repeat myself? Yes.

...if you can get past the fact that 90s show in a lot of episodes. Walkie-talkies etc. Best way to go about it if you're not up for the whole series is to watch the best standalone episodes from every season + arc episodes. Then after season 3-4 (series' peak) you can watch any of the episodes.

All of that when Blu-ray arrives.