Bridge of Spies (2015)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Tom Hanks to Star in Cold War Thriller Steven Spielberg May Direct
The two-time Oscar winner will play American attorney James Donovan, who was recruited by the CIA

Two-time Oscar winner Tom Hanks is attached to star in an untitled Cold War thriller that Steven Spielberg is developing to direct, an individual familiar with the project told TheWrap.

Spielberg has not committed to making the film his next project, but it is one of several in contention and Hanks’ involvement could give it a leg up on others, which include “Robopocalypse” and “Montezuma”

Matt Charman wrote the script, and Marc Platt is producing. DreamWorks executive Jonathan Eirich will oversee the project for the studio.

Hanks would star as James Donovan, a prominent American attorney enlisted by the CIA during the Cold War to slip behind the Iron Curtain to negotiate the release of Gary Powers, a pilot captured when his U-2 spy plane was shot down over Russia.

More to come…
http://www.thewrap.com/tom-hanks-star-c ... ay-direct/

I'm a sucker for the cold war

im in

Oooh, Cold War. There aren't nearly enough Cold War thrillers these days. So much potential.

TehBatGetsBraked wrote:I'm a sucker for the cold war

im in

Niiiice

I really hope it is his next one

DON'Y PLAY IT SAFE SPIELBERG. I WANT SOME GRIT.

I'll be excited if he commits to this and everything, but I'd be worried it'd be stylistically similar to Munich and narratively similar to Argo. Frankly, Montezuma is a more original, risky, and interesting project.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:I'll be excited if he commits to this and everything, but I'd be worried it'd be stylistically similar to Munich and narratively similar to Argo. Frankly, Montezuma is a more original, risky, and interesting project.

-Vader
Anything but Robopocalypse is good news

Now I'm in the mood for a Cold War movie. Recommendations anyone?

SilverHeart wrote:Now I'm in the mood for a Cold War movie. Recommendations anyone?
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy