Friday the 13th Reboot

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Genre veteran David Bruckner, who wrote and directed the “Amateur Night” segment of “V/H/S,” is in negotiations to direct the “Friday the 13th” reboot for Paramount and Platinum Dunes, TheWrap has learned.

Paramount had no comment.

Platinum Dunes principals Brad Fuller and Andrew Form are producing with Michael Bay.

While plot details aren't necessarily under wraps — expect a bunch of good-looking teenagers to die in grisly ways — it's unclear what approach Bruckner plans to take with the reboot, or how it will incorporate the Jason Voorhees/Camp Crystal Lake mythology.

It's also unclear whether “Friday the 13th” will employ a found-footage approach. If so, Bruckner would be a wise choice, as his “V/H/S” segment “Amateur Night” follows three guys who bring a mysterious girl back to their motel room, where terror strikes.

Bruckner previously co-wrote and co-directed the 2007 horror film “The Signal,” and he has also been working on the home invasion thriller “Intrusion” for producers Doug Davison and David Linde.

Paramount has already picked out the perfect release date for the “Friday the 13th” reboot — Friday, March 13, 2015.

Marcus Nispel (“The Texas Chainsaw Massacre”) directed the 2009 “Friday the 13th” reboot, which did not merit a sequel.

Bruckner is repped by WME, Gotham Group and attorney Michael Schenkman.
http://www.thewrap.com/friday-the-13th- ... d-bruckner

u forgot to file this under terrible news...

Is it too much to ask for one of these films to be well made, and not have every single horror trope and cliche in the book?

CoolwhipSpecial wrote:Is it too much to ask for one of these films to be well made, and not have every single horror trope and cliche in the book?
Part of the fun is watching the cliches with a spin (like Craven's Scream), but I can't remember the last time annual horror really knocked my socks off, it's mostly rinse, repeat.

m4st4 wrote:
CoolwhipSpecial wrote:Is it too much to ask for one of these films to be well made, and not have every single horror trope and cliche in the book?
Part of the fun is watching the cliches with a spin (like Craven's Scream), but I can't remember the last time annual horror really knocked my socks off, it's mostly rinse, repeat.
Horror wasn't off limits in the list genres Nolan wasn't too interested in doing. I wonder if Nolan could pull it off, especially since he's pretty much an expert in the field of psychological characters.

BlairCo wrote:
m4st4 wrote:
Horror wasn't off limits in the list genres Nolan wasn't too interested in doing. I wonder if Nolan could pull it off, especially since he's pretty much an expert in the field of psychological characters.
I'm not sure Nolan can pull off a strong R movie... I'm talking at least Fincher levels. But I'd like to see him try something in the vein of Rosemary's baby, maybe even Don't Look Now, brave up a bit in that psychosexual area. He pretty much nails the human nature part in all of his work until today.

Yeah, I could see Nolan doing something like that (or The Haunting) but not this kind of shyte.

ArmandFancypants wrote:Yeah, I could see Nolan doing something like that (or The Haunting) but not this kind of shyte.
...The Haunting... The Innocents... for some reason I'm expecting something historical in his near future.

Canceled.

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/frida ... 201979691/
Several sources told Variety that Paramount has put the project on ice for several reasons — its $21 million budget; the disappointing $13 million opening weekend for its “Rings” horror reboot; and the looming reversion of the rights to New Line.