Transcendence (2014)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
User avatar
Posts: 13377
Joined: August 2011
DoubleD wrote:
ryan4butler wrote: That can be anything. But it does have a pretty big budget. :think:
I'm hoping for something on a grand scale with that big budget.
It'll be a big concept, so yeah.
I can’t talk too much about it. It’s a present-day science fiction film, a fairly big concept. It’s bigger budget — not as big as “Batman,” but not independent.
He also said this;
I think it’s really just about wanting to find a new kind of artistic expression. I wouldn’t deny that it’s about control. I’d like to make audiences laugh and cry and you have to be in the director’s chair to manipulate people’s perception of the world and their emotional responses. That is a level of power I’d like to feel.
Every filmmaker should know that they have this power, but Nolan is a big name that does so.
Brave New World

User avatar
Posts: 3976
Joined: January 2009
Location: Cupertino, CA
Unfortunately, the Academy rarely recognizes scores, however great, from movies that aren't well received critically. That's real reason it didn't receive awards recognition.

Also, I thought the HANNA score was dreadful.

User avatar
Posts: 13943
Joined: June 2009
Location: La La Land
TeddyBlass wrote:Unfortunately, the Academy rarely recognizes scores, however great, from movies that aren't well received critically. That's real reason it didn't receive awards recognition.

Also, I thought the HANNA score was dreadful.
Glad to know I'm not the only one underwhelmed by it.

User avatar
Posts: 20369
Joined: June 2010
TeddyBlass wrote:Unfortunately, the Academy rarely recognizes scores, however great, from movies that aren't well received critically.
The Last Airbender would be a prime example of this.

Posts: 9827
Joined: August 2010
DoubleD wrote:Present day science fiction?
Inception prequel/sequel/spin off confirmed

User avatar
Posts: 649
Joined: July 2012
Mr. Caine wrote:
DoubleD wrote:Present day science fiction?
Inception prequel/sequel/spin off confirmed
Hell NO!! Please Inception needs to be standalone, no need for sequel, prequel. Being present day means something mindbending stuff like Donnie Darko kind of movie not futuristic, Inception is not present day movie I think.

User avatar
Posts: 13377
Joined: August 2011
riddick-danish wrote:
Mr. Caine wrote: Inception prequel/sequel/spin off confirmed
Hell NO!! Please Inception needs to be standalone, no need for sequel, prequel. Being present day means something mindbending stuff like Donnie Darko kind of movie not futuristic, Inception is not present day movie I think.
He was joking.
Brave New World

Posts: 1441
Joined: July 2010
riddick-danish wrote:Inception is not present day movie I think.
Inception is set in our present, it's just an alternative version of our present where dream sharing technology exists.

User avatar
Posts: 8282
Joined: May 2012
Location: The Island, NY
I hope it's a crime drama or a psychological thriller.

User avatar
Posts: 649
Joined: July 2012
Celestin wrote:
riddick-danish wrote:Inception is not present day movie I think.
Inception is set in our present, it's just an alternative version of our present where dream sharing technology exists.
oh ok thanks for clarification! :-D

Post Reply