Transcendence (2014)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
JayPee wrote:Do I need to play the game/app before watching the movie?
lol

Vader182 wrote:Here's my full review: http://themetaplex.com/reviews/2014/tra ... vie-review
Transcendence is a thriller without thrills and science fiction without ideas. The title becomes an ironic tease of everything it should have been, but none of what it was.
D+

-Vader
That's certainly a way to put it.

You're probably right, I may have been too generous, but 7.5 was my way of saying average. Like a C.

Vader182 wrote:Here's my full review: http://themetaplex.com/reviews/2014/tra ... vie-review
Transcendence is a thriller without thrills and science fiction without ideas. The title becomes an ironic tease of everything it should have been, but none of what it was.
D+

-Vader
Off topic but why so insanely harsh on Joe? I haven't seen it but the movie got pretty good reviews-

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/joe_2013/

It seems you are much harsher on indie films than generic blockbusters.

bapi wrote:Had press screenings today... Heard it's as dumb as Shy's The Happening.
"The Happening" isn't dumb. :)

Rohan wrote:
bapi wrote:Had press screenings today... Heard it's as dumb as Shy's The Happening.
"The Happening" isn't dumb. :)
Okay, if you say so.

And Vader: What the fuck is a F+? lol.

An F+ means its closer to a D- than a regular F.

I was harsh on Joe since it sucked and I found it to be an agonizing and amateur film. I don't care what the consensus is, this was my reaction so I wrote about it. I have no vendetta against indie films, that's absurd. I loved bunches of them last year, including my two number one picks. I also gave Nymphomaniac an A-, so. "indie" meaning films that debut as festivals and usually need some kind of financing.

-Vader

I wasn't try to attack or anything. I was just surprised by that review because you usually don't sway that drastically from a consensus.

Allstar wrote:I wasn't try to attack or anything. I was just surprised by that review because you usually don't sway that drastically from a consensus.
I realized after posting my response sounded more defense then I intended it to be. So, my bad. Although, I do stray from consensus pretty strongly on occasion. I'm about to post a top 10 (top 20, really) for each decade from 1950 onwards, and I make some wildly controversial exclusions/inclusions on these lists.

-Vader

What a shame, I was looking forward to seeing this. Now I'll just go ahead a skip it.

Jeff Sneider ‏@TheInSneider
Poor Wally. He should've listened to Chris & waited for something more special to come along.
:eh: