Transcendence (2014)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
More details from The Hollywood Reporter
Depp will receive a mammoth payday for the role, $20 million against 15% of the gross, sources say.

Plot details have been closely guarded, but sources say the film is described as in the vein of 2001: A Space Odyssey and Inception. The story centers on a man who creates a computer that develops a malevolent awareness. Depp will play a husband who gets sucked into the computer, contigent on changes Pfister is making to the script, sources say.

Pfister has met with and likes Noomi Rapace as the film's female lead and is considering James McAvoy and Tobey Maguire as contenders for other male lead. Oscar winner Christopher Waltz has an offer for a supporting role.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/j ... lly-382289
Last edited by Morrie's_Wig on October 24th, 2012, 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Morrie's_Wig wrote:More details from The Hollywood Reporter
Depp will receive a mammoth payday for the role, $20 million against 15% of the gross, sources say.

Plot details have been closely guarded, but sources say the film is described as in the vein of 2001: A Space Odyssey and Inception. The story centers on a man who creates a computer that develops a malevolent awareness. Depp will play a husband, contigent on changes Pfister is making to the script, sources say. Pfister has met with and likes Noomi Rapace as the film's female lead and is considering James McAvoy and Tobey Maguire as contenders for other male lead. Oscar winner Christopher Waltz has an offer for a supporting role.
Sonsa bitches

This is starting to shape up nicely.
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."

Plot details have been closely guarded, but sources say the film is described as in the vein of 2001: A Space Odyssey and Inception. The story centers on a man who creates a computer that develops a malevolent awareness. Depp will play a husband, contigent on changes Pfister is making to the script, sources say. Pfister has met with and likes Noomi Rapace as the film's female lead and is considering James McAvoy and Tobey Maguire as contenders for other male lead. Oscar winner Christopher Waltz has an offer for a supporting role.
:tooexcited:
Truth is, sometimes I miss you so bad I can hardly stand it. - Jack Twist

oh now we're talkin

Allstar wrote:
Vader182 wrote:
Right?

-Vader
I never would of thought he would of got a star this big on his directorial debut. I guess the fact that he has been Nolan's DP for all his films gives him a massive amount of credibility to actors. This is no different than Nolan casting DiCaprio for Inception really.
It's way different actually, I think. Depp's basically the biggest movie star in the world right now, or very close to it. The fact he got him to do this- wow. Nolan's pull and name in Hollywood couldn't be more golden.

The script must be looking pretty great, too. That broad plot point doesn't sound anything like Inception or 2001, which makes me extremely curious.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:It's way different actually, I think. Depp's basically the biggest movie star in the world right now, or very close to it. The fact he got him to do this- wow. Nolan's pull and name in Hollywood couldn't be more golden.
Depp, DiCaprio and Pitt ect.

All these guys are on the same level of stardom really.

Allstar wrote:
Vader182 wrote:It's way different actually, I think. Depp's basically the biggest movie star in the world right now, or very close to it. The fact he got him to do this- wow. Nolan's pull and name in Hollywood couldn't be more golden.
Depp, DiCaprio and Pitt ect.

All these guys are on the same level of stardom really.
Nah, between the Pirates movies, Alice in Wonderland, etc, nobody gets close to Depp anymore quite frankly.

I get it. Everyone is going to assosiate him with Nolan and his skills in those films. Sort of in Nolan's shadow. He wants to his his first feature out of the park so instead of playing it safe he's going as big and bold as he can. An epic movie star cast is a pretty great way to do that.

-Vader

No wonder Depp dropped out of the Wes Anderson film... this movie gives him his usual 20 million upfront.

Very interesting. I Depp doesn't ruin this.
Brave New World

Allstar wrote:No wonder Depp dropped out of the Wes Anderson film... this movie gives him his usual 20 million upfront.
That's a nice payday. I just hope he isn't doing this for the money.
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."