Transcendence (2014)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Creation uses light and natural light in ways I can see Wally appreciating. Good pick. I wonder if this is like Johnny Carson giving a guest comedian the thumbs up; crowing a new star.

apw wrote:
Rebecca Hall has revealed working with Johnny Depp is a dream come true.

The award-winning actress is set to share screen time opposite the Hollywood heartthrob in Transcendence, the directorial debut of Oscar-winning cinematographer Wally Pfister.

"I am thrilled about working with Johnny. I mean, come on! I feel like I've worked with some seriously great actors and he's one of those ones on my list of people that I'd really like to work with and then it happened," she said.

Rebecca - who picked up the best actress award at the Broadcasting Press Guild for her performance in period drama Parade's End - is staying coy about the sci-fi movie, which begins production in April.

"I could tell you lots about it but I don't think I want to. I haven't started yet so I am feeling a bit protective towards it. I'm in the early stages of working out who the character is and what I'm doing with it. I am excited," she explained.
http://www.offalyexpress.ie/lifestyle/s ... -1-4905834
That's great to hear she's attracted to the film because of Depp and is protective of the film itself.

Hall isn't a very thrilling choice. I haven't seen much of his filmography, but of what I have seen, his work is unremarkably decent (Shaun of the Dead), or plainly average (30 Minutes or Less, The Switch). But, far be it today is the day I start fearing for a Wally Pfister film visually.

Changed the title.

Crazy Eight wrote:Hall isn't a very thrilling choice. I haven't seen much of his filmography, but of what I have seen, his work is unremarkably decent (Shaun of the Dead), or plainly average (30 Minutes or Less, The Switch). But, far be it today is the day I start fearing for a Wally Pfister film visually.
He did not shoot Shaun of the Dead though, you prob meant Hot Fuzz.

Not an inspiring choice, and he hasn't done a lot of big films. But he's a fresh new talent we've never heard of before, maybe he'll do a wonderful.

Hot Fuzz. I haven't seen ite. Hopefully he is good.

Allstar wrote:
Crazy Eight wrote:Hall isn't a very thrilling choice. I haven't seen much of his filmography, but of what I have seen, his work is unremarkably decent (Shaun of the Dead), or plainly average (30 Minutes or Less, The Switch). But, far be it today is the day I start fearing for a Wally Pfister film visually.
He did not shoot Shaun of the Dead though, you prob meant Hot Fuzz.
Ah, yeah, my bad.

Well, I certainly liked the way Hot Fuzz was shot, but I don't know how much that has to do with Hall as it does with Edgar Wright's direction.

Interesting, and sort of off the wall, choice.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

I was personally hoping for Seamus McGarvey.