Transcendence (2014)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I got a strong 90's throwback vibe from it which I quite liked. Also, the cinematography looks great.

Law wrote:I call it .... underwhelming.
lmfao

Don't know about anyone here but the trailer was pretty amazing. Fresh and original.

Underwhelming trailer. Don't like the music at all.

Well shot but... it kinda looks like a B movie. Pretty generic.

For me the trailer/film has four problems.
1. Too much exposition and focus on plot in the trailer.
2. A terribly generic score in the second half. I really hope they came up with something more than that for the actual film.
3. Very disappointing aesthetically - not even in my wildest nightmare would I expect Wally's effort to look like a real poor-man's Nolan film. And not a single exciting compositions in a big money-shot trailer.. from Wally Pfister..

Ideas and themes still excite me a lot though.
Last edited by Robin on December 20th, 2013, 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hollow man anyone?

More like... Shallow Man.

They shouldn't have shown how Depp's character dies, let the audience guess that how he becomes machine, this made the whole first 20-30 minutes boring since we know how things will turn out to be.
Other than that I liked it, maybe could have shown some more visually appealing shots but we will see, maybe they are holding it for next trailer.

Am I the only person who actually liked it? Or rather, I liked what I saw, but it's definately not the greatest trailer.
Since I did read the script, I think they spoiled it when they showed Depp on the desert hugging Hall.
I'm still very excited for this. The only weak link is Kate Mara; she can't pass for a sinister bitch. I reckon they should have got someone like Brie Larson. Depp, Hall and Bettany look fantastic. Freeman is phoning it in more than Seymour Hoffman in Catching Fire.

Allstar wrote:Based off the trailer Rebecca Hall.
or Cillian
Definitely Hall.

I'm disappointed with Cillian's role.