The Martian (2015)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
2013: "Gravity is the movie Prometheus should have been!"

2014: "Interstellar is the movie Gravity should have been!"

2015: "The Martian is the movie Interstellar should have been!"

Gotta love internet film culture.

MeLVaNoaTe wrote:
Ruth wrote:
MeLVaNoaTe wrote:Yep.

These reactions are sure to send Interstellar fanboys on the defensive.
What a troll. I adore the shit out of Interstellar, yet I'm so glad for this movie and Ridley. The comparisons are beyond stupid. What's in common between these two - Damon and... space? Wow.
*yawn
yeah that's an accurate word to describe most of your gibberish on NF

Ruth wrote:yeah that's an accurate word to describe most of your gibberish on NF
k

Ruth wrote:

What a troll. I adore the shit out of Interstellar, yet I'm so glad for this movie and Ridley. The comparisons are beyond stupid. What's in common between these two - Damon and... space? Wow.
This.

I can't even imagine the Internet if Batman v Superman turns out to be good.

Can't even say how I pleased I am to see this is, by all accounts, fucking great. Gonna still see it for myself, of course, but God damn it this puts me at ease.

So it looks like we get another great film of Ridley since Gladiator. FINALLY. I liked Black Hawk Down and can appreciate Kingdom of Heaven but still, to me Gladiator was his last great film. Funny actually, only now I'm starting to feel the hype for The Martian. Still not watching any trailers though. It's less than three weeks from now.

Is this movie being released in IMAX? It doesn't show up in the IMAX website.

lol

Anyway, good to hear good reactions for this film.

Knight wrote:Is this movie being released in IMAX? It doesn't show up in the IMAX website.
No, The Walk seems to have an exclusive run which completely sucks. Bad timing, because Zemeckis' film fully deserves IMAX as well

Also, couple of reviews have praised the 3D which is nice. Prometheus was great in that area. Looks like Scott is one of the only directors to really know how to use it with Alfonso Cuaron, James Cameron and Matt Reeves (I unfortunately missed Hugo in theaters)