The Martian (2015)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I'm glad this is getting good reviews. Ridley needs a comeback

Ridley will never need a comeback

he's the guy who made Blade Runner

ComptonTerry wrote:I'm glad this is getting good reviews. Ridley needs a comeback
Yeah, good for him. And if he improves the script dep. for Prometheus 2 (kicking Lindelof out is already a good start) he may continue going up that slope.

He finally made a non awful movie after all these years :clap:

ChristNolan wrote:He finally made a non awful movie after all these years :clap:
:roll:

Robin Hood, Body of Lies, American Gangster and A Good Year are okay.

m4st4 wrote:Robin Hood, Body of Lies, American Gangster and A Good Year are okay.
It's unpopular, but I think his best recent movie is The Counselor.

Admittedly, McCarthy is my favorite author, so I'm biased.

I thought American Gangster was great. The rest, not so much...still haven't seen Exodus.

Now Where Was I ? wrote:I thought American Gangster was great. The rest, not so much...still haven't seen Exodus.
Yeah. I love American Gangster too.

The only truly awful one I'd seen from him in recent ten years is Exodus, the rest are either missed opportunities (Prometheus, The Counselor), okay (A Good Year, Body of Lies, Robin Hood,) or very good (American Gangster).

I'd be fine with just Blade Runner, Alien and Kingdom of Heaven: DC in my library, cause those are simply priceless gems, but there's of course more: Matchstick Men, Black Hawk Dawn, Hannibal (my favorite Lecter movie), Gladiator, Thelma & Louise.

You'll also always be at least visually treated with Ridley, he's got the bloody eye.