The Martian (2015)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
ChristNolan wrote:
ChristNolan wrote:Bookmarking this prediction post for the future
Allstar wrote:This was way better than Interstellar :clap:
DoubleD wrote:Definitely better than Interstellar :clap:
Why am I always an asshole?
FTFY

Because I enjoy being right.

Nice to see great reactions. Cant wait to hear Interstellar comparisons…. As if they are even that similar.

Yep.

These reactions are sure to send Interstellar fanboys on the defensive.

MeLVaNoaTe wrote:Yep.

lol

What a troll. I adore the shit out of Interstellar, yet I'm so glad for this movie and Ridley. The comparisons are beyond stupid. What's in common between these two - Damon and... space? Wow.

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/201 ... ian-review
The Martian could easily have been a misfire: dull, schematic, too implausible. But with every carefully constructed detail, flourish, and nuance, Scott's picture clicks and grooves like a beautiful machine. A beguiling mix of suspenseful, goofy, and rousing, The Martian is sublime, sophisticated entertainment. I left feeling weightless.
http://collider.com/the-martian-movie-r ... att-damon/
That easy, lighthearted tenor carries throughout the film even in its brief bleak moments. There isn’t the crushing loneliness of Cast Away. There isn’t the scientific rush of Apollo 13. The Martian occasionally flirts with the best aspects of these kindred movies, but more than anything it’s about usual heroism in an unusual circumstances. That may be unsatisfying for those looking to see the book’s personality translated to the screen, but Scott confidently follows his own mission, and it makes The Martian one of his best films in years.
http://dorkshelf.com/2015/09/11/tiff-20 ... an-review/
The Martian is easily one of Ridley Scott’s best efforts in years and a wonderful showcase for all involved. Between Gravity, Interstellar, and now this, it seems that the blockbuster space drama is here to stay. Now if only our actual space programs could catch up with these amazing tales of exploration being brought to the screen.

Ruth wrote:

What a troll. I adore the shit out of Interstellar, yet I'm so glad for this movie and Ridley. The comparisons are beyond stupid. What's in common between these two - Damon and... space? Wow.
He's right about ChristNolan though. The positive praise to The Martian bothers him.

Ruth wrote:

*yawn