The Martian (2015)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Can somebody change the thread title to RIDLEY BETTER NOT FUCK THIS UP..

shauner111 wrote:Can somebody change the thread title to RIDLEY IS GOING TO FUCK THIS UP..

m4st4 wrote:
1) Scott's eagle eye
2) Weir's novel
3) Drew Goddard is writing the script
4) The cast
5) Harry Gregson-Williams is composing the soundtrack
6) This trailer as the only piece of marketing you'll ever need
I DARE him to fuck THAT up. :judge:

Last two truly great movies from Scott for me came out ten/twelve years ago: Kingdom of Heaven: DC - Matchstick Men, now or never, he's 77, this could be one of his last directing peaks.

shauner111 wrote:Can somebody change the thread title to RIDLEY BETTER NOT FUCK THIS UP..

DoubleD wrote:Image
You don't go to Mars without making a few enemies

Haven't watched the trailer. Don't think I will... Still thinking if I'd rather wait and see the film before I've read the book or the other way around... People seem positive about this and it has been a LONG time since Scot actually made something truly great. Perhaps I want to get in this as clean as possible :lol:

BTW guys the trailer released today is the same reel screened at CinemaCon beat for beat. With the two 2-minute (MoS-esque alternating ones intended to run simultaneously in theatres according to GG) teasers all rated and ready to go for theatres I can only imagine this was some last minute change of plan, and the lack of green band in front of the US YouTube version means surely online-only. Will let you know if I hear more.

It reminds me more of Appollo 13 than Interstellar or Moon which is good I guess.

Asanty wrote:It reminds me more of Appollo 13 than Interstellar or Moon which is good I guess.
Visually it reminded me of Last Day on Mars

yes, it's good to show the entire movie in the trailer
:judge: