The Martian (2015)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

Panapaok wrote:Image
Very cool marketing so far.

Which companies do the VFX? Is this also being shot in 3D?

One of the first comments is 'Don't trust astronaut Matt Damon' :lol:

I loved the video, looking forward to the trailer!

Hell YES

I really liked that viral video. It looks like a great character for Matt Damon, and it felt it could just be Ridley Scott's best in years.

BlairCo wrote:I really liked that viral video. It looks like a great character for Matt Damon, and it felt it could just be Ridley Scott's best in years.
Agreed. He cannot fail when the material is actually good, right (in this case bestselling book)? Scott is a great director when there's actual gem in front of him, something you can't mess up even if you want to.

MeLVaNoaTe wrote:
BlairCo wrote:I really liked that viral video. It looks like a great character for Matt Damon, and it felt it could just be Ridley Scott's best in years.
People have been saying that for decades.

MeLVaNoaTe wrote:
People have been saying that for decades.
I know, but the difference here is that the source material is very good, and the screenwriter is fairly solid. Scott's only problem is picking the right script; he's still a wonderful director.