Pixels (2015)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Peter Dinklage in Talks to Join Adam Sandler in 'Pixels'
Peter Dinklage is in early negotiations to join Adam Sandler, Josh Gad and Kevin James in Pixels, which Chris Columbus is directing for Sony and Happy Madison.
Pixels was one of the Internet shorts that garnered Hollywood buzz in 2010 (the same year that The Gift and Panic Attack! made the rounds) and depicted 1980s video game characters attacking New York City.
Tim Herlihy and Tim Dowling worked on the script, which sees James as the President of the United States asking his childhood pals (Sandler and Gad) for help to stop the video games from waging war on the human race.

Dinklage will play a former Donkey Kong and Space Invaders champion who is a loudmouth.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-v ... ler-690807
Just realized that, it's an Animated movie :shifty:
Last edited by chinn70 on April 4th, 2014, 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Peter Dinklage also closed his deal to join the adventure movie, which is being directed by Chris Columbus.
Michelle Monaghan Joining Adam Sandler in 'Pixels'. Michelle Monaghan, coming off a hot turn in HBO's True Detective, will play the female lead in Pixels.Sandler is a former champion, now leading a miserable life as a home theater installer while Gad is a conspiracy-theory-obsessed genius with really bad social skills. Dinklage will be Sandler's brash former video game-playing nemesis.

Monaghan will play a weapons developer for the military and love interest for Sandler.
Sony Pictures announced that it will release in summer 2015.

I thought this was gonna be an Animated film. But Dinklage looks awesome, but Monaghan looks like a fish out of water. The rest doesn't keep my interest up.

Wasn't this the plot of Futurama episode? You know, the one Fry imagines life if it were more like a videogame.

Anyway, it looks pretty cool. Specially Dinklage. I just hope Sandler doesn't Sandler-ize it too much.

Hm. On one hand, Sandler. But on the other, DINKLAGE.

Oh, it was written by the guy who wrote Grown Ups. That isn't a good sign.

BlairCo wrote:Image

I thought this was gonna be an Animated film. But Dinklage looks awesome, but Monaghan looks like a fish out of water. The rest doesn't keep my interest up.
Oh god this is going to be horrible. :crazy: :facepalm:

b4ben11 wrote:
BlairCo wrote:Image

Oh god this is going to be horrible. :crazy: :facepalm:
You don't see the badassery then

Sony Pictures Entertainment announced today that the studio has brought together an extraordinary number of iconic video game companies, whose classic characters - including PAC-MAN, Donkey Kong, Centipede®, Galaga, Frogger, Q*bert, and Space Invaders - will be featured in the highly-anticipated action comedy Pixels, starring Adam Sandler, Kevin James, Michelle Monaghan, Peter Dinklage, Josh Gad, and Brian Cox, and directed by Chris Columbus. The film will be released on May 15, 2015.
So are they going Wreck-it-Ralph with this, or did they just buy the rights to show gameplay?

SilverHeart wrote:
Sony Pictures Entertainment announced today that the studio has brought together an extraordinary number of iconic video game companies, whose classic characters - including PAC-MAN, Donkey Kong, Centipede®, Galaga, Frogger, Q*bert, and Space Invaders - will be featured in the highly-anticipated action comedy Pixels, starring Adam Sandler, Kevin James, Michelle Monaghan, Peter Dinklage, Josh Gad, and Brian Cox, and directed by Chris Columbus. The film will be released on May 15, 2015.
So are they going Wreck-it-Ralph with this, or did they just buy the rights to show gameplay?
They are desperate

Dinklage = sold