Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (2023)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Ruth wrote:
February 2nd, 2018, 5:22 pm
Rohan wrote:
February 2nd, 2018, 5:11 pm
Ruth wrote:
February 2nd, 2018, 5:09 pm
How bout we have a female Indy for this.
How about something entirely original for females, because they deserve better?
By "Indy" I didn't necessarily mean we should swap the sex and call Indiana Jones a female now. What I mean is that maybe there is a place for a big and new female character that is Indiana Jones-esque enough to fit in this universe? Since idk how willing Ford is to do this and they're clearly looking for other options now.

Fuck I don't care. It's just something I want, now that I'm thinking of it. I used to get really starry eyed about archaeology when I was a kid, how cool could that be, if executed properly.

edit: p.s. i never really got into lara croft, which is why i'd be more interested in something along these lines
Archaeology + original = yes.

I would love to see that with a central female character.

Oku
If you're looking for an archeology-themed film with a female lead, check out As Above, So Below (2014).

Don't mind the negative reviews, go in with low expectations, and you will enjoy it.

Oku wrote:
February 2nd, 2018, 6:04 pm
If you're looking for an archeology-themed film with a female lead, check out As Above, So Below (2014).

Don't mind the negative reviews, go in with low expectations, and you will enjoy it.
misogynist

Oku
The Seventh Pratham

I think Ford is too old for this now. He was pushing it as Solo in TFA...

It feels more as if Spielberg wants to course-correct after Crystal Skull, just like he did with the third one...

Variety - ‘Indiana Jones 5’ Will Miss 2020 Release Date (EXCLUSIVE)
The fifth film in the adventure series will miss its original release date, Variety has learned. Filming was supposed to begin in April of 2019 in the United Kingdom, but sources close to the production say that shooting will no longer start next spring and will have to be pushed back by months, if not a year. Potential crew members have already been informed of the delay.

Part of the issue is that the key members of the creative team have yet to sign off on a finished script. Collider reported on Thursday that Jonathan Kasdan, son of “Raiders of the Lost Ark” scribe Lawrence Kasdan, has been enlisted to deliver a new draft. A deal has yet to close to bring the writer on board, but it looks as though he will soon join the project.
https://variety.com/2018/film/news/indi ... 202861005/

Good. Cancel it next year. Ford was pretty old ten years ago, I don't want my Indy struggling with steps.

Ford was great in Indy 4. He looked in in TFA as well... But yeah, at this stage of his life every year counts

Ford keeps himself in great nick, it's not like Roger Moore wheezing up the Eiffel Tower.

ArmandFancypants wrote:
June 29th, 2018, 3:49 am
Ford keeps himself in great nick, it's not like Roger Moore wheezing up the Eiffel Tower.
Not my main issue. KOTCS was supposed to be a passing of the torch entry, and this fifth entry would put him in Connery role. Bummer, the world decided Shia was a crime against humanity.

Now we’re back on track with, again, Indy as the centerpiece (supposedly), but ten years later. That’s just pushing it. He’s no Deckard or Solo. I don’t see it working unless he works as a pure scholar.