Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (2023)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
DHOPW42 wrote:
June 16th, 2021, 9:56 am
I just don't know where we suddenly decided that casting young actors as younger versions of older characters was no longer acceptable :(
Well, at least we know that Nolan isn't going to indulge in this anytime soon. These movie moments where the de-aging is used are going to age so badly. In 10 years the de-aging is going to unwatchable. Look at Tron Legacy, a movie I kind of like, but whenever PlayStation Jeff Bridges shows up, and talks, I cringe.

Ace

Solid trailer... but I was hoping for something smaller, more introspective this time around, especially with Mangold as the director. Something with a sense of "closure". Not a dour western like Logan but something a bit more grounded in terms of action spectacle, something that feels more real and not another impossible physics CGI borefest setpiece.

What a travesty. Also, if you look up the definition of CGI this trailer is what it shows you.

A Borges man wrote:
June 16th, 2021, 5:46 pm
DHOPW42 wrote:
June 16th, 2021, 9:56 am
I just don't know where we suddenly decided that casting young actors as younger versions of older characters was no longer acceptable :(
Well, at least we know that Nolan isn't going to indulge in this anytime soon. These movie moments where the de-aging is used are going to age so badly. In 10 years the de-aging is going to unwatchable. Look at Tron Legacy, a movie I kind of like, but whenever PlayStation Jeff Bridges shows up, and talks, I cringe.
This comment did not age well.

Yeah, i was hoping the action sequences weren't going to be like what was shown.

User of Interest wrote:
December 1st, 2022, 5:15 pm

I'm very excited to see this film! The delays had me thinking we'd never get it, and in less than a year, it will get released with a terrific director. It is strange to hear that Spielberg didn't do this one. Mangold is a fan of the series, and I know it's just a trailer, but it looks like he made one heck of a film!

I'll me honest homies, this looks like shit. The color grading, the digitalness, the cgi all over the place. Mangold is a pretty weak, and I'm not excited for this. Logan and 3:10 to Yuma aside, I find he walks the line between mid and bad.