Manga & Anime

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Disney+'s solo2001 wrote:
August 18th, 2021, 7:00 pm
evangelion 3.0+1.01 i'm (not) crying

probably my favorite movie this year, at least top 3

-Vader

Yes straight up

Vinland Saga season 2 trailer came out last week:

The action takes a back-seat to the slower-paced character moments in this part of the story but oh what awesome moments they are. I can't wait.

Master Virgo wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 3:17 pm
Has she seen all the Ghibli stuff?

May I suggest something a tad more edgy and shorter.

Like Elfen Lied, Claymore, Berserk or Kill la Kill.

Hunter X Hunter or Code Geass should also be at the top of any anime recommending list.
Claymore is such a good rec! I've been out of the game for a while. Do you know any current stuff with those vibes?

These days there are no anime like Claymore and Berserk sadly, but Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song and Violet Evergarden have been my favorite animes in the past few years.

The closest thing to Claymore vibes that I can name are video games, Nier: Replicant and Nier: Automata.

Master Virgo wrote:
July 19th, 2022, 1:14 am
These days there are no anime like Claymore and Berserk sadly, but Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song and Violet Evergarden have been my favorite animes in the past few years.

The closest thing to Claymore vibes that I can name are video games, Nier: Replicant and Nier: Automata.
Thanks! I've keep hearing about Violet Evergarden... you convinced me. I'll give it a try.

I can't believe there is going to be new Bleach, Trigun, and Panty and Stocking. What year is it??

Vinland Saga season 2 just started. 24 episodes airing on a weekly basis means I get to enjoy 6 months of excellent storytelling: