Manga & Anime

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Crazy Eight wrote:I'll definitely follow an episode guide and skip the filler nonsense.

Thanks for the heads-up.
You welcome, enjoy OP (and sneak peek manga when you can)!

Anyway, my favorite openings, now that I'm almost done with Impel Down:

On the topic of shows, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex was my favourite show for a short while because I was so deeply embedded in it at the time. Bit heavy but it's really great stuff. Want to watch Arise.

Also, @somewhere on the previous page, I adore Samurai Champloo.

Gits SAS is amazing. Especially the 2nd season. Gouda plan is incredible

I love that all Ghost Shell adaptations are completely different from one another (and different from the original source itself).

Yeah, multiple views on similar ideas and characters. It's great.

With the second season, it takes a few episodes to get properly good but once it does it's fantastic. Lots more emotional weight in S2 as well.

I really need to check out Ghost in the Shell adaptations (aside from the original one), some day!

Standalone Complex looks (and sounds) phenomenal.

Just found this, Arlong saga special with better animation and tighter narrative:

That's Yoko Kanno. She always deliver in the music department (although i have to say kenji kawai soundtrack with Oshii is even better) .

Gits Season Two takes a while to gear up , setting everything up. But it's just incredibly dense and fucking well written. I really can't reinforce how ingenious the "villain" plan is all along. And we see everything being put up in motion. All of this while at the same time we develop Section 9 actions , Motoko's doubts and Kuze ambitions.

Season One is also good. No doubt. The stand alone complex story is a more simply whodunnit , but its good on its own right. But S2 is on another level.

Lionheart wrote:Season One is also good. No doubt. The stand alone complex story is a more simply whodunnit , but its good on its own right. But S2 is on another level.
It's on a STUFF TO WATCH list for a long time now, actually getting bumped up as we speak.

Crazy Eight wrote:I'll definitely follow an episode guide and skip the filler nonsense.

Thanks for the heads-up.
Thoughts on Attack on Titan?

Bacon wrote:

Thanks for the heads-up.
Thoughts on Attack on Titan?
Twelve episodes in, and I don't have any major criticisms. It's super cereal 100% of the time, and since it's budget is obviously limited, they essentially reuse the same super cereal and epic piece of music repeatedly through-out the same episode, which on binge becomes tiresome and dramatically numbing really quickly. Thus, to avoid that exhaustion, I've decided to slow down with the show.

I'm fucking loving One Piece though. I could watch this shit all day. The voice casting is close to perfect, too.

Crazy Eight wrote:I'm fucking loving One Piece though. I could watch this shit all day. The voice casting is close to perfect, too.
Yay. :D Are you watching in Japanese, please tell me you are.

English dubs have two versions, one is censored (imagine Sanji with a lolipop instead of a cigarete) and one is not.

It gets better, and better, and better... ad infinitum. Same goes for animation quality.