Manga & Anime

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I should have clarified anime series, not movies. She adores Ghibli stuff. Spirited Away was one of her favorite movies growing up. In fact, I took her as a surprise to the screening of Spirited Away and Princess Mononoke when they played here.

Good call on Berserk. I haven't seen it in like 15 or 16 years (unless you mean the new one). Code Geass is great...but it spins outta control more or less. Maybe not the best place to start for neophyte?

-Vader

Some anime that people might enjoy:
- Berserk (1997)
- Wolf's Rain
- Cowboy Bebop
- Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Slayers
- Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
- Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid
- Vinland Saga

Have you seen Steins;Gate? That could be a great start for non anime fans as well methink.

Oh shit.

wildly stoked to watch all these once this is out

edit: just looked at the last page and today is the 1 year anniversary of having finished the show! Image

bruh I still have to finish the show

but I will

i took awhile to watch it, i was consciously savouring every episode lol.

i'd say it's in my all-time top 10

Kentaro Miura, the author of Berserk, passed away on 6 May 2021 at the age of 54. He died of an acute aortic dissection. My heart goes out to his family and it is also a big loss for the artistic community because the world lost one of its great artists and storytellers. While we will not get to see the ending of Berserk, I am grateful for all the wonderful moments I spent reading and rereading that story over the last 7 years.

evangelion 3.0+1.01 i'm (not) crying