Ghostbusters (2016)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
ArmandFancypants wrote:Who cares? Is the sanctity of the Ghostbusters something to be preserved?

Not really, it's kinda shit. They should do whatever they want.
'Kinda shit'? What a story Mark. It has nothing to do with nostalgia, it's about finding the proper language and translating the narrative.

It's just Ghostbusters though. It's not as though this is Indiana Jones or something that was actually well-made in the first place.

It's like, shit, they might do a Police Academy film in space as well. But who really cares?

ArmandFancypants wrote:It's just Ghostbusters though. It's not as though this is Indiana Jones or something that was actually well-made in the first place.

It's like, shit, they might do a Police Academy film in space as well. But who really cares?
I love those films. And would argue they are a couple steps up from the Police Academy series. And while I agree it's not like they are very well-made films or anything, a lot of people of course care how it is handled.

You obviously aren't that big a fan. So of course you don't care. But why project your disinterest on to fans of the franchise. I don't like Twilight but I get that other people do so I wouldn't tell them whether or not to care about a potential sequel.

ArmandFancypants wrote:It's just Ghostbusters though. It's not as though this is Indiana Jones or something that was actually well-made in the first place.

Did you just compare Ghostbusters with Police Academy? Processing...

Paul Feig
‏@paulfeig
Interesting how making a movie with men in the lead roles is normal but making a movie with women in the lead roles is a "gimmick." #its2014

DoubleD wrote:
Paul Feig
‏@paulfeig
Interesting how making a movie with men in the lead roles is normal but making a movie with women in the lead roles is a "gimmick." #its2014
It's a gimmick if it's Bridesmaids with poltergeist vacuum cleaners. Ghostbusters today... is Community. So go in that direction.

m4st4 wrote:
DoubleD wrote:
Paul Feig
‏@paulfeig
It's a gimmick if it's Bridesmaids with poltergeist vacuum cleaners. Ghostbusters today... is Community. So go in that direction.
lol are you serious?

theseeker9175 wrote:lol are you serious?
Why wouldn't I be? That would be the lamest joke ever.

Have you seen 22 Jump Street? Just imagine the posters during those end credits and you'll see where I'm heading.

m4st4 wrote:
theseeker9175 wrote:lol are you serious?
Why wouldn't I be? That would be the lamest joke ever.

Have you seen 22 Jump Street? Just imagine the posters during those end credits and you'll see where I'm heading.
Aren't you being too harsh for something that might not happen after all? And I still don't see why this would be so lame?

*also, haven't seen 22JS

DoubleD wrote:
Paul Feig
‏@paulfeig
That's quite disingenuous. If he was making an original movie called "Phantom Destroyers" where there were women in the lead roles then I doubt anyone would complain. I mean, the concept of Ghostbusters isn't so earth-shatteringly fantastic that he can't just make an original movie with a similar premise. But he, and the studio funding him, want the name of the franchise attached to their product in order to sell tickets and how best to do that than by making a "controversial" change to the genders of the leads.