Narcos (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Post Reply
User avatar
Posts: 16716
Joined: March 2012
http://www.slashgear.com/robocop-direct ... -09320042/

Image
Netflix has planned a new thirteen-episode series revolving around the legendary drug lord Pablo Escobar. Essaying the Colombian dealer is Wagner Moura and to direct him, RoboCop remake director Jose Padilha has been roped in. As reported in the Brazilian magazine Folha de Sao Paulo, Moura will be shooting the series both in English and Spanish.

Better known for his role in Neill Blomkamp's Elysium that co-starred Matt Damon, Moura is also remembered for his role in the movie Elite Squad. This is the same movie where he essayed the role of Captain Nascimento under Padilha’s direction. Other crew in the Netflix ensemble includes writers Doug Miro and Carlo Bernard and executive producer Eric Newman.

There is a strong American perspective to the story and it will be developed within the storyline. Essentially the series showcase the drug trafficking nexus between Colombia, Mexico and the U.S. As an exclusive cocaine dealer, Escobar nurtured the Medellin drug cartel and apparently smuggled fifteen tons of cocaine each day. No wonder he was the world’s wealthiest man at his time.

It will be interesting to see how much ground Padilha covers with this series. Going by the legendary stories of murder, bribery and him being a local Robin Hood, there is a lot to be told about this forty-four year old legend. For those who don’t know it, the police shot Escobar as he tried to escape. He succumbed to the fatal shot near his ear and was wounded by the ones fired to his leg and torso.
Last edited by SilverHeart on June 6th, 2014, 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Posts: 16015
Joined: June 2011
Location: New York City
Sounds interesting. Almost promising.

Posts: 4705
Joined: May 2013
This sounds great (people, please watch Tropa de Elite 1&2), but I wish Padilha could make Triple Frontier instead.

User avatar
Posts: 16716
Joined: March 2012
Netflix is certainly making a big push with their original content. This is, what, their eighth or so original series they've made in the past two years?


User avatar
Posts: 3043
Joined: December 2012
SilverHeart wrote:Netflix is certainly making a big push with their original content. This is, what, their eighth or so original series they've made in the past two years?
Don't think it's the eighth. There's been -
House of Cards
Hemlock Grove
Orange is The New Black
Lillyhammer

as far as I can remember. Happy to see Moura in the lead. He was one of the best things about Elysium.

User avatar
Posts: 16716
Joined: March 2012
Well, in terms that have come out, yeah. But the Marvel deal adds 4 shows and a miniseries.

User avatar
Posts: 3043
Joined: December 2012
SilverHeart wrote:Well, in terms that have come out, yeah. But the Marvel deal adds 4 shows and a miniseries.
Thanks for reminding me about Marvel. That would make this the 9th then.

User avatar
Posts: 3471
Joined: October 2011
Location: Bates Motel
Pedro Pascal To Star In Netflix Drama Series ‘Narcos’
Hot off of his role on HBO’s Game of Thrones, Pedro Pascal has been set to star opposite Wagner Moura on Netflix’s drama series Narcos. Written by Chris Brancato and directed by Jose Padilha, Narcos is the true-life story of the growth and spread of cocaine drug cartels across the globe and attendant efforts of law enforcement to meet them head on in brutal, bloody conflict. It centers on notorious Colombian cocaine kingpin Pablo Escobar (Moura) and Javier Pena (Pascal), a Mexican DEA agent sent to Colombia on a U.S. mission to capture, and ultimately kill him. Produced by Gaumont and executive produced by Padilha and Eric Newman, Narcos will premiere on Netflix in 2015.
http://www.deadline.com/2014/06/pedro-p ... s-netflix/
:clap:

User avatar
Posts: 42909
Joined: May 2010
chinn70 wrote:Pedro Pascal To Star In Netflix Drama Series ‘Narcos’
Hot off of his role on HBO’s Game of Thrones, Pedro Pascal has been set to star opposite Wagner Moura on Netflix’s drama series Narcos. Written by Chris Brancato and directed by Jose Padilha, Narcos is the true-life story of the growth and spread of cocaine drug cartels across the globe and attendant efforts of law enforcement to meet them head on in brutal, bloody conflict. It centers on notorious Colombian cocaine kingpin Pablo Escobar (Moura) and Javier Pena (Pascal), a Mexican DEA agent sent to Colombia on a U.S. mission to capture, and ultimately kill him. Produced by Gaumont and executive produced by Padilha and Eric Newman, Narcos will premiere on Netflix in 2015.
http://www.deadline.com/2014/06/pedro-p ... s-netflix/
:clap:
Holy shit! I'm so in. This sounds great!

Congrats to Pedro! :clap: Well deserved.

Post Reply