Narcos (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

This is gonna be good.

Fuck yes. A w e s o m e z .

Looking at the comments lmao... thumbs up hunters with those "without pablo there's no narcos" comments smh

just like without robb stark or jon snow there was no got anymore.

shooot your fookin mouth you gonna watch this shit anyway :lol:

gr8

Looks better than I expected! It's going to be binged lol

holy shit fuck yea

can't wait

Anyone watching this? I'm only 2 episodes in, because today was busier than I anticipated (thought I was gonna go ham on this :lol: ), but so far I'm really enjoying it - Pablo's absence is creating an interesting atmosphere, if anything. Everything feels like how Peña feels at the beginning - it's kind of the same, but also different, and the change is really intriguing. Hope it stays that way.

I only had time for one episode this morning, but I'll try to finish it tonight and tomorrow.
That motorcycle scene though.

lol I finished this the very weekend it came out, but forgot to check back in, because no one's talking about this. Anyway, I kind of think season 3 might be my favorite - I love how it just throws out the whole Pablo story almost like it didn't even happen, and continues to do its own thing without depending on him as a personality anymore - it's not an easy thing to achieve (ugh), but the change is welcome and it feels natural, because of how different the "ideologies" of these cartels were - if Pablo was a terrorist/cult leader, these guys (still loons but) ran a less personal corporation which is interesting to compare. Besides, I feel like at some point the whole "worship" of Escobar (by which I mostly mean not the show's portrayal of him, but others reception of it) made me feel a tad uneasy, so it almost felt like a small relief not being bombarded with the "human" side of the bad guys so hard.
I thought it could've been a bit longer, though. I found the pacing to be quite even and good, but it seemed like the story was wrapped relatively quick and could've been stretched out a little? I remember thinking an episode or two probably wouldn't have made things worse. This season doesn't really have a 'fascinating' character enough to match Escobar, but the acting is still great.
I'm still holding out some hope Pascal might return, but idk :( I loved him in this :(
Anyway. People are missing out on some damn good television, imo.