Sicario (2015)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Batfan175 wrote:Oh wow, the main female character in the film doesn't know how 'real life' works and so has to get over her moral concerns (i.e. that means she has to praise corrupt and shitty cops and DEA agents for working with shitty criminals and not question anything). I just can't get over how bold this script is. The 'we have to be as bad as the bad guys and work with bad guys to beat some other, even worse guys and that's just how Life is' narrative is a tired attempt at rationalization of shitty moral and often illegal behaviour so that a) people stop questioning the pointless and costly 'war on drugs' and b) the corrupt individuals fighting drug crimes get to feel good and unconflicted about themselves. Sorry, you don't get to do that.
this guy

Batfan175 wrote:Oh wow, the main female character in the film doesn't know how 'real life' works and so has to get over her moral concerns (i.e. that means she has to praise corrupt and shitty cops and DEA agents for working with shitty criminals and not question anything). I just can't get over how bold this script is. The 'we have to be as bad as the bad guys and work with bad guys to beat some other, even worse guys and that's just how Life is' narrative is a tired attempt at rationalization of shitty moral and often illegal behaviour so that a) people stop questioning the pointless and costly 'war on drugs' and b) the corrupt individuals fighting drug crimes get to feel good and unconflicted about themselves. Sorry, you don't get to do that.
Well... That's life.

Michaelf2225 wrote: this guy

Easy, guys, this is turning into a competition. People have the rights to have their own opinion, if someone like this better than Mad Max or Inception so be it.

Anyway, who am I kidding, this is a internet forum.

That's how life is.

shauner111 wrote:
That's how life is.
Don't give him too much of a shock!

you guys this was so fucking good

mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote:you guys this was so fucking good
I knoooow

-Vader

mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote:you guys this was so fucking good