Utopia (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
antovolk wrote: I can also totally see Reznor/Ross scoring Utopia too :D
As well as Kirk Baxter & Angus Wall handling the editing.

ChrisTilford wrote:
Don't forget Jordon Cronenwenth as cinematographer.

BlairCo wrote:
ChrisTilford wrote:
Don't forget Jordon Cronenwenth as cinematographer.
Maybe he'll do the pilot & the second episode, but doubt he'd be willing to shoot the entire thing. With The Knick & Soderbergh, it's not an issue as that dude does it all.

ChrisTilford wrote:
I think only Baxter did House of Cards for Fincher, although Wall did the title sequence.

And it's Jeff, Blair :) He may get one of his HoC colleagues to DP Utopia, they've handled nearly entire seasons (Eigil Bryld for S1 and Igor Martinovic for S2) It kind of also depends what style/AR Fincher's gonna go for - I hope he uses either scope like the UK original or at the very list 2:1 from House of Cards. NOT 16:9 PLEASE

Should I watch the UK series? It looks cool but I don't want to spoil this.

m4st4 wrote:Should I watch the UK series? It looks cool but I don't want to spoil this.
Watch it. Its dope.

Dodd wrote:
m4st4 wrote:Should I watch the UK series? It looks cool but I don't want to spoil this.
Watch it. Its dope.
If HoC is anything to go by I think Fincher & Flynn will make this different enough that watching the UK show won't spoil it for most part.

antovolk wrote:
Dodd wrote:
Watch it. Its dope.
If HoC is anything to go by I think Fincher & Flynn will make this different enough that watching the UK show won't spoil it for most part.
Yeah that was my first thought.

Will probably watch the british pilot in the next days

It's a guess, but I think this will be a Limited/miniseries, I don't see Fincher commiting for more than a year and Flynn is scripting the whole thing and she said she was already into her next novel when Fincher called her. Probably a one-year commitment for everyone following the True detective model

I'm already hard about thinking which actors will Fincher's going to get for this

Gillian Flynn writing every episode confirmed
Fincher said, “I don’t want a big writers room, I want a voice,” Flynn said, adding that Kelly, the creator of the original Utopia, “could not have been more gracious” about her giving the remake her own spin. “I was worried, when I sent him the outline, that he was going to be like, my baby, what have you done?!” Instead, she says, he told her to “keep what works for it and get rid of what doesn’t — otherwise what’s the point of redoing it?”
-Buzzfeed

Man I'm so excited