Joy (2015)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I'm still not excited for this at all.

BlairCo wrote:I'm still not excited for this at all.
More hype for Adam Jones (Burnt) tbh. But this looks good imo

Dodd wrote:
BlairCo wrote:I'm still not excited for this at all.
More hype for Adam Jones (Burnt) tbh. But this looks good imo
I'm actually intrigued by Burnt, mainly because of Steven Knight, but Cooper looks nice in it as well. Cooper will probably have about 10 minutes of screentime in Joy.

BlairCo wrote:Cooper will probably have about 10 minutes of screentime in Joy.
damn, didn't know that.

:(

I'm simply speculating. For all I know, he could have more screentime than DeNiro, but his part just doesn't seem that big.

metalmeatwad ‏@MichaelNotCera
"SLP, AH, THE FIGHTER= COMEDIES w/ °'s of drama. JOY screening: Full-bodied drama, ARTSY w/sharp, witty 1-liners & sublime comedic moments."

New JOY screening reaction: Brie Larson, who? Career best work from David O Russell & Jennifer Lawrence. Winter's Bone level intensity x1000

"Jennifer Lawrence brings a whole new dynamic to her JOY character. Carries the film like a CHAMP. Totally unlike her SLP & AH characters"

"JOY - A true director's picture. An aculmination of everything from DOR's career thus far + & more dramatic than his previous efforts."

It's all lead up to this for David O. Russell. Fox 2000 has a total bonanzas slam-dunk on their hands. Watch out, SPOTLIGHT!
JOY is coming!!

Tonight's audience makes it seem like Edgar Ramirez is certainly supporting despite earlier reports.... J-LAW's show through and through.

"Russell makes risky and exciting directorial choices, portraying all the chaos & transformation that Joy as a character has gone through."

Other acting nominations to keep on your radar for JOY? Pretty much everyone besides BCoop. Whole ensemble has a shot at noms (esp. DeNiro).

Starting to buy JLaw winning her 2nd Oscar for JOY if she bothers campaigning based off these glowing reactions.Crowning jewel of her career

"JOY is such a rich and complex story. Doesn't hold the audiences hands. Challenges and rewards the viewers. Totes unexpected work from DOR"

One last JOY thought for the road: "JOY is funny, oh so dramatic, heart wrenching, and filled with great performances all around."

Allstar wrote:
Other acting nominations to keep on your radar for JOY? Pretty much everyone besides BCoop. Whole ensemble has a shot at noms (esp. DeNiro).
aww crap.

Glad that DOR keeps kicks ass though. Sounds like a great film. Can't wait.

Dodd wrote:aww crap.
It's probably just because his role is really small like Blairco said. Apparently he only filmed for a few days.

Hopefully Elisabeth Rohm gets more recognition this time around. Was terrific in Hustle.

Full trailer incoming soon.