Joy (2015)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Vader182 wrote:but it's the whole thing of why do baseball players make so much money? Because they draw crowds.

-Vader
Not a perfect comparison because you must have objective talent in sports to draw crowds, athletes can't get by on being "likable" like some actors can.
ArmandFancypants wrote:which incidentally is as natural and immense as anyone in her age range working in the industry but whatever.
Not really.

But "talent" is a weird mixture of something you're born with and sort of naturally possess + rigorous training. Film talent is exactly the same.

-Vader

Somewhat disagree since baseball talent is largely quantifiable by statistics. Acting is not at all.

Regardless, I want to be clear I am not on m4's side with this. She deserves the money because she is a big reason for her movies making a lot of money.

Tarantino:
So when I was looking for [the character] Daisy, I could have seen Jennifer Lawrence doing a good job with the role. I’m a very big fan of hers. I think she could end up being another little Bette Davis if she keeps on going the way she’s going. I think her work with David O. Russell is very reminiscent of William Wyler and Bette Davis’s
http://www.vulture.com/2015/08/quentin- ... tter_nymag

I don't believe endorsements come any higher.

Well... if this is going to be The Letter in that comparison so be it. I can kinda see where he's coming from.

Kinda.

I have a lot of admiration for Lawrence, but this whole comparison with the likes of Blanchett, Streep and now Bette Davis is just bizarre to me. I understand if people call her the new Kidman or perhaps the new Winslet. But let's not get ahead of ourselves.£

Test screening in LA yesterday, raves and hyperbole abound

No surprise there.

Oscah number 2 for Lawgend incoming. 8-)

Hopefully it's better than American Hustle.

Cooper with another Oscar nom would be insane.