Bale Vs. DiCaprio

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
It's gotta be Leo.

Tough choice for me. I wonder if Bale's totally different and yet equally excellent performances in two movies this year might sway voters to his side.

I like both of 'em, but I haven't seen WoWS or AH. Probably try and see them soon.

-ArmouredTitan- wrote:While I did enjoy Leo's performance in The Wolf of Wall Street, Bale is more deserving of the nom
What kind of bullshit is this? I love Bale, but how is he more deserving? God, I hate those kind of comments, pisses me off.

oracle86 wrote:Tough choice for me. I wonder if Bale's totally different and yet equally excellent performances in two movies this year might sway voters to his side.

The Wolf of Wall Street, and Gatsby. I don't get why people overlook his Gatsby performance. It's easily one of his best.

It's true, but the Wolf is I think his most impressive yet, and a level beyond, but obviously, different characters & all.

Not even a competition. The silly Baleheads need to be put in their places and I hope it happens during the Oscar nominations .

Even Bale's best role, Patrick Bateman looks like a complete pansy when compared to Leo's Jordon Belfort :lol:

IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:
BroskiSabor wrote:Who are the other four slots, before I say anything?
Chewy
McC
Dern
Hanks
I'm not sure Hanks is a lock. It's a crowded filed this year, and he could easily get overlooked. But he does have one thing going for him, he's Tom Hanks.

it should be between Dicaprio and Phoenix for the Oscar

both deserve a nom, but if there's only one slot available Leo all the way, he deserves the win (even if he won't get it)