Let's talk about...[Insert film/person]

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
FreakLikeMe wrote:Greatest film trilogy of all time. End of story. Nothing has been as expansive and personal for people as this has. If anyone seriously tells me they hate Star Wars, particularly the OT for no reason, they automatically lose my respect for their opinion on film.
I know quite a lot of people who haven't seen it yet, can you imagine? With no disrespect, but generally people with lack of imagination.

Forum Pro
Law
what the fuck is the thread

Law wrote:what the fuck is the thread
Erm... there are letters... you read them.

everything
Last edited by Disney+'s solo2001 on January 12th, 2014, 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Forum Pro
Law
m4st4 wrote:
The title makes absolutely zero sense and every time I see it I get in infuriated. No offense.
Last edited by Law on January 12th, 2014, 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Law wrote:
m4st4 wrote:
The title makes absolutely zero sense and I've every time I see it I get in infuriated. No offense.
Have you read the first post???

What else needs to be explained.

Forum Pro
Law
m4st4 wrote:
Have you read the first post???

What else needs to be explained.
hmm maybe I should.

The Great Escape is a 1963 American film about an escape by Allied prisoners of war from a German POW camp during World War II, starring Steve McQueen, James Garner and Richard Attenborough. The film is based on the book of the same name by Paul Brickhill, a non-fiction account of the mass escape from Stalag Luft III in Sagan (now Żagań, Poland), in the province of Lower Silesia, Nazi Germany. The characters are based on real men, in some cases composites of several men. The film was made by the Mirisch Company, released by United Artists, and produced and directed by John Sturges.
Oh man, the memories. This film was easily one of my most watched as a kid, and the charm never wore off (Steve McQueen anyone?). I could always pop in the dvd, kick back, and let it play because I knew it would do it's job. The cast is just incredible with names all over the place that bring a vibrancy to the film in every scene. The set designs still to this day are some of my favorites, and I remember trying to dig holes in the ground as a kid thinking I could make my own underground tunnels just like in the film. :lol: And who could forget this?

I'm getting all nostalgia'd up right now just listening to it. Such a wonderful classic.

As Quentin Tarantino said, it's the shortest 3-hour movie ever.

Terrific ensemble. Sturges was a kick-ass filmmaker when he was in this domain. Unfathomable that this didn't get more recognition in such a weak year. A favourite of mine and one I've watched too long ago.

Ah, this always gets me...

I've never heard Quentin saying something like that, nice, cause it's true!