Let's talk about...[Insert film/person]

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Three pages are far enough for Lars it seems so let's start a new one...

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away....

"Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace" 1999
Two Jedi Knights escape a hostile blockade to find allies and come across a young boy who may bring balance to the Force, but the long dormant Sith resurface to reclaim their old glory.

"Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones" 2002
Ten years after initially meeting, Anakin Skywalker shares a forbidden romance with Padmé, while Obi-Wan investigates an assassination attempt on the Senator and discovers a secret clone army crafted for the Jedi.

"Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith" 2005
After three years of fighting in the Clone Wars, Anakin Skywalker falls prey to the Sith Lord's lies and makes an enemy of the Jedi and those he loves, concluding his journey to the Dark Side.

"Star Wars: Episode IV - New Hope" 1977
Luke Skywalker joins forces with a Jedi Knight, a cocky pilot, a wookiee and two droids to save the universe from the Empire's world-destroying battle-station, while also attempting to rescue Princess Leia from the evil Darth Vader.

"Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back" 1980
After the rebels have been brutally overpowered by the Empire on their newly established base, Luke Skywalker takes advanced Jedi training with Master Yoda, while his friends are pursued by Darth Vader as part of his plan to capture Luke.

"Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi" 1983
After rescuing Han Solo from the palace of Jabba the Hutt, the Rebels attempt to destroy the Second Death Star, while Luke Skywalker tries to bring his father back to the Light Side of the Force.
HELP GUIDE: What are your thoughts on the Star Wars saga and it's legacy today? Who shot first? Is it a trap? Dark side or Light side? Size matters not? She loves him but does he know? Is it Gungans or Gungas? When Sith rule the galaxy, do we get peace? Raaaaaargh? Bleeep-blip? Do you want to become the most powerful Jedi ever? Force choke or Jedi mind trick?

My plan is to watch all of them after long years of hiatus, see how each and every part holds up.

Help me Nolan Fan, you're my only hope.

I dig it. I first saw the original trilogy at age 5 with my old buddy. The first film I remember watching in a cinema was The Phantom Menace.

Still want to edit prequel trilogy into one film, chuck on some fancy film filters and effects, change up sound effects etc then watch it IV, V, 1/2/3, VI.

jibran wrote:I dig it. I first saw the original trilogy at age 5 with my old buddy. The first film I remember watching in a cinema was The Phantom Menace.

Still want to edit prequel trilogy into one film, chuck on some fancy film filters and effects, change up sound effects etc then watch it IV, V, 1/2/3, VI.
My first experience was The Empire Strikes Back (1997 version) in theater. I distinctly remember everything about that day, and afterwards with Return of the Jedi. Somehow missed New Hope but managed to pick it all up on VHS couple of months later.

One word: UNFORGETTABLE.

When I think of Phantom Menace today... it itches me to watch it as soon as possible (probably will today). At the time I was 12 and of course I fucking loved it to death. Even Attack of the Clones in early high school days.

Probably the most memorable (and re-playable scene) for me during those times. When Anakin says I won't be long... jumps on the speeder and John William starts Duel of the Fates.

It was during Batman Begins times and Nolan's phase one that I truly lost touch with Star Wars... and began avoiding it. However, Empire is still on my TOP ten list of all time.

Star Wars is my favorite trilogy of all time. I love everything about those film, I grew up with Ben Kenobi, Yoda, Vader, Luke and Han Solo. The Empire Strikes Back is one of the greatest films ever made. Top 5.

And yes I said Trilogy. I do not consider the prequels as anything - I think they are utterly horrendous and they are quite possibly the worst films I'v ever seen.
Last edited by Jones on January 12th, 2014, 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

I accept the prequels. I actually liked 3 to some level.

It forms a decent enough setup for the original tilogy despite how poorly executed they are.

Like keep the basic details and ignore the specifics, and it works well enough.

It is truly cinema's own great fantasy and adventure world. It belongs to no other medium, and frankly, there is no better work of escapism than the Star Wars films. End of story.

The Emprie Strikes Back (1980) .... (8.7/10)
A New Hope (1977) .... (8.7/10)
Revenge of the Sith (2005) .... (8.3/10)
Return of the Jedi (1983) .... (8.2/10)
The Phantom Menace (1999) .... (6.7/10)
Attack of the Clones (2002) .... (6.4/10)

£

E4: A+
E5: A+
E6: A+

ArmandFancypants wrote:It is truly cinema's own great fantasy and adventure world. It belongs to no other medium, and frankly, there is no better work of escapism than the Star Wars films. End of story.
Yes.
Master Virgo wrote:The Emprie Strikes Back (1980) .... (8.7/10)
A New Hope (1977) .... (8.7/10)
Revenge of the Sith (2005) .... (8.3/10)
Return of the Jedi (1983) .... (8.2/10)
The Phantom Menace (1999) .... (6.7/10)
Attack of the Clones (2002) .... (6.4/10)

£
Quite a distinction between ROTS and the other two prequels. Have you seen it more recently or back in the days?
TehBatGetsBraked wrote:E4: A+
E5: A+
E6: A+
E1, E2 and E3?

Greatest film trilogy of all time. End of story. Nothing has been as expansive and personal for people as this has. If anyone seriously tells me they hate Star Wars, particularly the OT for no reason, they automatically lose my respect for their opinion on film.