Let's talk about...[Insert film/person]

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Johnny Depp loses libel case over Sun 'wife beater' claim

Mr Depp, 57, sued the paper after it claimed he assaulted his ex-wife Amber Heard, which he denies. The Sun said the article was accurate.

Judge Mr Justice Nicol said the Sun had proved what was in the article to be "substantially true".

He found 12 of the 14 alleged incidents of domestic violence had occurred.

Mr Depp's lawyer called the ruling "perverse" and said the Hollywood actor intends to appeal.

A spokesperson for the Sun said it had stood up for domestic abuse victims for decades, and thanked Ms Heard for "her courage in giving evidence to the court".
The judge highlighted three incidents where he said Mr Depp had put Ms Heard in "fear for her life".

In one of those incidents, in Australia in 2015, Mr Depp was allegedly physically and verbally abusive towards her while drinking heavily and taking drugs. Mr Depp accused Ms Heard of severing his finger, but the judge said he did not accept Ms Heard was responsible.

"Taking all the evidence together, I accept that she was the victim of sustained and multiple assaults by Mr Depp in Australia," said Mr Justice Nicol.

"It is a sign of the depth of his rage that he admitted scrawling graffiti in blood from his injured finger and then, when that was insufficient, dipping his badly injured finger in paint and continuing to write messages and other things," the judge said.

"I accept her evidence of the nature of the assaults he committed against her. They must have been terrifying."

Important to note that the judge has sent innocent people to jail before and some of his verdicts have been overturned.

He also ignored some important evidence and testimonies when coming up with his decision and he even admits to not giving some evidence importance.

Also, The Sun/NGN is such a shit organization. They run a lot of the right-wing news orgs that you and many white feminists who support Amber hate.

Never want to see people complain about NGN orgs ever again if they support this ruling so much. They're going to get bold and publish more awful stories about people.

Artemis wrote:
November 2nd, 2020, 4:31 pm

Also, The Sun/NGN is such a shit organization. They run a lot of the right-wing news orgs that you and many white feminists who support Amber hate.
Wait, wait, does this "you" refers to me? Are you putting me alongside Amber Heard supporters now? Wtf?

Also Sun is a disgrace for sure. I'm well aware of that.

Master Virgo wrote:
November 2nd, 2020, 11:32 pm
Artemis wrote:
November 2nd, 2020, 4:31 pm

Wait, wait, does this "you" refers to me? Are you putting me alongside Amber Heard supporters now? Wtf?

Also Sun is a disgrace for sure. I'm well aware of that.
Are you on Amber's side or no?

Absolutely not. The woman literally admitted on tape to physically abusing Depp repeatedly.

Master Virgo wrote:
November 3rd, 2020, 3:51 am
Absolutely not. The woman literally admitted on tape to physically abusing Depp repeatedly.
Thank you for clarifying!

Dude, what the fuck is PJ doing to color grading in 4k versions?! I watches these in cinema, have them on DVD and Blu-ray... What is this crap? Completely changes the fantastical foggy overtones that made the originals for me, and many.

They are many more screens on the net, they look the same. Compressed sure but still evidently different.

With respect M4, you're off the mark on this one. The blu-ray infamously imposed a horrible green tint over the movies, Fellowship especially. These new remasters are scanned from the film negative to restore the original theatrical look of the films. Some shots have too much DNR and edge enhancement unfortunately, but I cannot overstate how excited I am about this release overall.

-Vader

I don't know, I really like my yellow Rivendell better.

Master Virgo wrote:
December 1st, 2020, 5:36 am
I don't know, I really like my yellow Rivendell better.
Preference is another matter, but the original theatrical release looks considerably closer to these scans. Check out the theatrical trailers for example. The original look was stylized but all in all fairly naturalistic and without these strong hued filters. It's what won Lesnie the oscar.

PS, I think the uploaded manipulated and over-sharpened those stills posted on twitter.

-Vader