Let's talk about...[Insert film/person]

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I don't think Interstellar is that divisive. Especially with time it became pretty much acclaimed in its fan circle with a lot of people started seeing it as a great film and those who didn't like it don't actively hate it.

I also wouldn't include BvS as divisive since it's the second lowest rated DCEU film by both fans and critics by a wide margin. WW1984, Justice League, Man of Steel and Aquaman could be considered divisive. BvS and SS were panned.

It's shocking to me how well Kingdom of the Crystal Skull did with critics. It was a terrible movie (and I don't mind the alien aspect, I thought it was one of the best elements considering the 50's sci-fi inspiration) but I guess people were more lenient upon its release. I think even I gave it a 6/10 initially.

For me there's not many films that are divisive that I passionately love or hate. The ones that come to mind are:
Prometheus - LOVE this film, definitely divisive
Star Trek Into Darkness - I really like it, definitely divisive
The Last Jedi - I really like it, definitely divisive
The Tree of Life - bored out of my mind, it was like listening to a high college grad student, kind of divisive (most love it)
Melancholia - loved it, kind of divisive (most love it)
Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - hated it, I guess it's divisive considering critics reviews

I forgot about The Last Jedi, definitely on my list as well.

:shock: Yikes.

Crew members lost their jobs because of his stunt. What an absolute douche.

My molten hot take is that Megaton might be the greatest filmmaker to ever live, and TAK3N––one of the greatest & most beautiful movies of all time––gave us 7 years of action cinema language that united Eastern and Western film art tradition in sublime form. Thank you.

These seven seconds of TAK3N are more cinematically exciting than most movies I've seen in the last decade:

Lmao

Dude just take the damn shot. What the hell is that? :lol:

Artemis wrote:
December 15th, 2019, 7:44 pm
A critics association named Kristen Stewart the best actress of the decade and many people have some takes about it.

Honestly, I get it though. She started out the decade being in those critically panned and butt of all jokes Twilight movies. Now she's getting to work with some very well respected auteurs and is getting international acclaim. Very few people get the chance to turn their career around like that and she did.

What do y'all think about this distinction awarded to her?
Great actress. "Best" stuff is always silly. People always have takes about everything, she is 100% one of the definitive actresses of her generation.

Nistopher Colon wrote:
September 9th, 2021, 8:10 pm
My molten hot take is that Megaton might be the greatest filmmaker to ever live, and TAK3N––one of the greatest & most beautiful movies of all time––gave us 7 years of action cinema language that united Eastern and Western film art tradition in sublime form. Thank you.

These seven seconds of TAK3N are more cinematically exciting than most movies I've seen in the last decade:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

French women run cinema this year.

Now that Campion has won the Silver Lion, it is the perfect time to remind everyone what a ridiculously underrated film, "The Portrait of a Lady" (Not to be confused with Céline Sciamma's Portrait of a Lady on Fire) actually is.