Let's talk about...[Insert film/person]

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Bacon wrote:
March 2nd, 2020, 5:56 pm
But...Call Me By Your Name isn't about hebephilia either...?
Duh but my point is a lot of people immediately jump to anyone under 18 as pedophilia, case in point reaction to this movie. I knew people were going to try to spin this into that I’m some sort of apologist for Polanski despite saying it’s equally disgusting. Did not expect it from Vader though.

dude, I have a psych degree (I never use) and am well aware of the technical differences between these definitions. I don't think you're an apologist for Polanski.

I just think going out of your way to point it out is beyond a bad look + in this case factually incorrect anyway. Pedophilia often can go up to age 13.

-Vader

I just see it misused a lot to the point of stupidity (Call Me By Your Name the prime recent example) and also took psych and sociology courses. But you’re right, in this case I probably shouldn’t have pointed it out.

Nic Pizzolatto wants Batman to fight God and quite frankly I am here for it. I love his interpretation of the character. It's more literary and less uhhhh less dumb I guess?

https://www.instagram.com/p/B_EF2X7pQKn/

I don't know about the God/religious aspects, but he does seem to have a better understanding of the comic book version of Batman than many.

Artemis wrote:
April 18th, 2020, 2:37 pm
Nic Pizzolatto wants Batman to fight God and quite frankly I am here for it. I love his interpretation of the character. It's more literary and less uhhhh less dumb I guess?

https://www.instagram.com/p/B_EF2X7pQKn/
I dig the takes in the guy's IG post, but his caption's statement about the Joker literally contradicts his main points. It's almost embarrassing lol.

So, who's better director-wannabe actor: Quentin Tarantino or David Lynch?

My money is on Lynch, Tarantino makes me cringe every time. Although I did laugh at his Django appearance.

One time QT was actually amusing as an actor was in Desperado.

I didn't mind Tarantino's acting in "From Dusk Till Dawn", it fit the cheesiness of that flick. I hated his brief scene in "Django".