The Netflix Club

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

uhh no thanks

User of Interest wrote:
August 1st, 2019, 10:17 am
I really liked 1st season.
After watching 1st episode of second, I can't stand this show.

I wonder why Disney wasn't able to lock them down. It's mostly likely about the money but it also might be about storytelling freedom. Disney+ will not let them do hard R original content, whereas Netflix will most likely encourage it.

Is there any chance of Batman: The Animated Series coming to Netflix? I still really want to see it and they gave it a blu-ray last year so

I started watching Salt, Fat, Acid, Heat today and it's a really great docuseries on the elements that make food so great. The host, Samin Nosrat, is such a joy to watch. You can really tell she loves food and she loves going on this journey.

pls watch

She-Ra and the Princesses of Power (2018 - ongoing)

I'll keep this general and vague so that you get to experience this show for yourselves in all its glory.

This show is legit wonderful. From the designs, to the colours, to the music, to the writing of the story and most importantly the characters. This show offers so much and is a bright spot in animation partly because it has a large variety of themes that all converge together beautifully, whilst making you root for all of the characters at one point or another. Said characters feel like real people for the most part (Adora, Catra and Entrapta for instance have some genuine depth to them, which is impressive for a show that is a reboot of an 80s show meant to sell toys) and the emotional core of the story delivers some rather powerful moments, in part because the show does not shy away from tragic story developments and choices the characters make.

While Avatar: The Last Airbender and Batman the Animated Series are the usual gold standards for animated storytelling, this show is quite unique even as a reboot of an older show. I wished I had this kind of animated show growing up.

Just found out ,and this is yet another example where I'm slow on the news,NETFLIX are doing a live-action Cowboy Bebop. :wtf:

Also,been binge watching Ken Burn's The Vietnam War documentary.
Excellent.