The Netflix Club

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

Netflix movies are available in 190 countries, 24-7.
This complaint is so elitist. Oh no, how dare more people watch a movie.

get with the times spiely dan

The massive “Roma” push crushed foreign-language distributors. Sony Pictures Classics co-president Michael Barker said he had no financial option but to release Oscar nominees “Never Look Away” and “Capernaum” when theaters opened up after the holidays, which meant fewer Academy voters had a chance to see them.
Isn't this what DVD screeners are for? Barker didn't do his part to make sure more voters saw his movies. He can't complain when there are other ways around this problem.

i don’t see a negative to mandating a longer theatrical (exclusive) exhibition for features

Michaelf2225 wrote:
March 1st, 2019, 9:50 pm
i don’t see a negative to mandating a longer theatrical (exclusive) exhibition for features
The negative is that those who wouldn't be able to see it theatrically in the first place - because films like Roma wouldn't get a wide and *timely* and *global* theatrical release comparable to a blockbuster where this isn't at all an issue - have to wait even longer to catch it.

Why is it that so many previously released films on Netflix aren't made available in UHD/HDR? I get that not every film has had a 4K remaster but some do. As of yet, only a couple of Netflix produced films or series are available in those formats... Which I think is pity. Is there any specific reason for this?

Triple Frontier was kind of boring. I'm glad Netflix is going to be more picky though.