The Netflix Club

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
aren't they going to release that theatrically as well?

I mean

We haven't seen any official footage but I already know I want to see that on the big screen in 4K

They released Roma in 4K as well

I don't know if the theatrical release will be a wide release though. Roma was mostly released in Landmark theatres in the US and made $5.1 million on a $15 million budget.

Irishman will make a lot more than Roma for sure but if it's up against such a big budget, then who knows if it'll be successful theatrically.

So Netflix is losing Friends to HBOMax next year and The Office to NBC's streaming service in 2021.

How much longer is Netflix going to survive?

They're going to be fine. They have a ton of content. I still feel like I'm getting my monies worth.

Netflix is a juggernaut and not going anywhere anytime soon.

I might end up getting a VPN since Netflix international seems to have better libraries.

I'm not really too interested in most of their original offerings tbh.

For the other streaming services though: HBOMax has a lot of content but I won't watch most of it (TNT, TBS, CW, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Looney Toons, Friends). I don't watch NBC or CBS shows. Disney+ I miiiiiiiight get but probably not. Amazon Prime I frequently use since they have a good movie selection and I don't mind rental fees if needed. If I end up getting another streaming service it might be Hulu.

Hulu is pretty good. I have Netflix, amazon and Hulu. I cancel Netflix and renew it every once in a while.

Netflix is cracking down on VPNs, so you'll only get lucky with a couple of countries. But getting a VPN, for me, was an investment that paid off really well. I have Netflix, Amazon Prime and Stan. Amazon Prime is the best, especially with a VPN for the US where A24 have placed all their flicks. I have MUBI as well, but rarely use it.

After losing The Office, they will heavily promote Space Force. But I'm not sure about that show. If it has the same format as The Office or Parks and Rec, people will say it's a blatant rip off. If it doesn't it will probably be a disappointment. Plus, if it's too political we will have these right-wingers going ape shit about it.

I currently have Netflix, Prime, and Hulu and to me they all bring something different to the table. I'll add Disney+ for sure, but I don't know about HBOMax. The $17 price point is a bit much, but at the same time you get a alot for your money.

Oh and I also have the WWE Network. I don't know why, but for some reason I just keep paying for it every month.