The Interview (2014)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
eromero wrote:
Niiceee... That slo-mo shot looks great.

Rogen/Goldberg joints are the the pinnacle of modern comedy. :geek:

Allstar wrote:Rogen/Goldberg joints are the the pinnacle of modern comedy. :geek:
your avy though

The script is good. It has some funny parts and some really dark parts. But it sounds like it is going to be good.

I haven't seen many Seth Rogen films, but this one I'm definitely going to go see. I am curious how it will be, er, received over in Korea and other Asian countries.

EDIT:
Though the Asian nation is infamous for its isolation and apparent detachment from the rest of the world, it turns out that the people who run the Democratic People's Republic of Korea pay attention to Western media. Understandably, they are not happy about a film predicated on the idea of killing their very real (and still alive) leader.

The executive director of the Center for North Korea-US Peace had a few choice words for the United States. "There is a special irony in this storyline as it shows the desperation of the US government and American society," Kim Myong-chol, the unofficial spokesman for Pyongyang, told The Telegraph. "A film about the assassination of a foreign leader mirrors what the US has done in Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria and Ukraine. And let us not forget who killed [President John F.] Kennedy – Americans."

Then things got creepy when he added, "In fact, President [Barack] Obama should be careful in case the US military wants to kill him as well."

Kim Myong-chol went on to criticize Hollywood films for being "full of assassinations and executions" before offering the opinion that British cinema is of a better and more realistic quality than that of America.

"James Bond is a good character and those films are much more enjoyable," he said. Of course, that glowing opinion probably does not extend to 2002's Die Another Day, which features James Bond foiling a North Korean general's plot to take over South Korea and the world. The North Korean state media denounced that particular 007 escapade as "dirty and cursed" upon the film's release.

Surprisingly, a spokesman for Kim Jong-un stated that the dictator will probably watch the film despite its inflammatory content. Upon hearing the news, The Interview's Seth Rogen tweeted, "I hope he likes it!"

Having moved out Cameron Crowe’s untitled project out of Christmas to summer of 2015, Sony Pictures has decided to drop Seth Rogan’s controversial comedy The Interview, which stars James Franco and Rogen into that date. The controversial action-comedy was initially set for Oct. 10. “The combination of Seth, Evan, and James is pure comedic magic,” Rory Bruer, president, Sony’s Worldwide Distribution for the studio said in a statement. “In our early screenings of The Interview, we’ve seen that they’ve delivered yet again, and we’re thrilled to be making the move to Christmas – one of the most important moviegoing days of the year and the perfect date to show off their brand of comedy.
http://www.deadline.com/2014/08/sony-sc ... m=facebook

theseeker9175 wrote:
Having moved out Cameron Crowe’s untitled project out of Christmas to summer of 2015, Sony Pictures has decided to drop Seth Rogan’s controversial comedy The Interview, which stars James Franco and Rogen into that date. The controversial action-comedy was initially set for Oct. 10. “The combination of Seth, Evan, and James is pure comedic magic,” Rory Bruer, president, Sony’s Worldwide Distribution for the studio said in a statement. “In our early screenings of The Interview, we’ve seen that they’ve delivered yet again, and we’re thrilled to be making the move to Christmas – one of the most important moviegoing days of the year and the perfect date to show off their brand of comedy.
http://www.deadline.com/2014/08/sony-sc ... m=facebook
That bolded sentence made it sound like they weren't going to distribute it.

According to Wikipedia, Dan Sterling wrote the script, not Rogen/Goldberg (even it they're directing)

Fuck, that's disappointing :|

Edit: Deadline says the same thing, I dont know this guy but my interest has dropped

Now Where Was I ? wrote:According to Wikipedia, Dan Sterling wrote the script, not Rogen/Goldberg (even it they're directing)

Fuck, that's disappointing :|

Edit: Deadline says the same thing, I dont know this guy but my interest has dropped
He's got some TV credit, having worked on The Office US, King of The Hill and South Park.

The executive director of the Center for North Korea-US Peace had a few choice words for the United States. "There is a special irony in this storyline as it shows the desperation of the US government and American society," Kim Myong-chol, the unofficial spokesman for Pyongyang, told The Telegraph. "A film about the assassination of a foreign leader mirrors what the US has done in Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria and Ukraine. And let us not forget who killed [President John F.] Kennedy – Americans."
pretty sure it was penguins