Sandman (TBD)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Eric Heisserer ‏@HIGHzurrer
1. In the past 48 hours there's been some confusion about the SANDMAN announcements, mainly in terms of timeline.
2. Joseph Gordon-Levitt and New Line parted ways months before I signed on. So when the first announcement landed I was confused.
3. No doubt Joe was confused as well, but departures tend to be quiet, especially if it's respectful among the parties.
4. There's also the hope that those with passion for material somehow find their way back to it, so in that way I remain hopeful, too.
5. Joe's clarification on social media mentioned he and NL separated some months back, but it appeared he left a day after I joined.
6. I like Joe. He and I bonded at SXSW the same year HOURS and DON JON were showcased there. He's a triple threat.
7. And everything he's said about Morpheus holds true: The Dreamlord does not "punch" his way out of anything. That's not this story.
8. Creative differences are bound to happen. And it's always healthier to part ways rather than endure a lot of heartbreak. Respect.
9. Fortunately, our north star is, and will remain, Neil Gaiman. He's my guide and gatekeeper, as he should be, as he's been for 20 years.
10. Perhaps, once I've put my time in on the material, there is a way to bring Joe back. Anything is possible in this town.

Why was JGL announced as director and star along with the news that Heisserer was the new writer on Friday, if he left the project months ago? That's pretty fishy from New Line.

loop wrote:Why was JGL announced as director and star along with the news that Heisserer was the new writer on Friday, if he left the project months ago? That's pretty fishy from New Line.
He wasn't. He was reported as the director at the time because nobody knew he dropped out till he announced it.