World War Z 2

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
CoolwhipSpecial wrote:Still waiting for Fincher to say yes.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-v ... uel-972950
Though the studio pulled the zombie tentpole World War Z 2 from its 2017 release schedule Tuesday, without targeting any future release date, director David Fincher, who has been rumored to be considering the project, is still "very creatively interested in directing the movie," says a source.

The in-demand Fincher, who enjoys a close relationship with Pitt after having made a number of movies together including The Curious Case of Benjamin Button and Fight Club, was very much onboard with a new take on the sequel from writer Dennis Kelly, creator of the buzzy British show Utopia. In fact, Fincher and Gone Girl author Gillian Flynn had been collaborating on a U.S. remake of Utopia for HBO before that series fell apart over budget issues.

The budget on World War Z 2 was not an issue, say insiders. Fincher was looking to make the film about a man and his family navigating a zombie apocalypse at a budget less than the original's $190 million. But Paramount chief Brad Grey was not ready to green-light the follow-up to the 2013 hit, which grossed $540 million worldwide.

Grey's inaction has raised eyebrows in town considering Fincher's pedigree as a director who could elevate the property well beyond a genre film. The studio even has a financial partner to mitigate the risk since Skydance Prods. is co-producing and co-financing the film.

"He really would like to do it," says a source of Fincher's interest. "It's up to Paramount."

dear god

HA, I fucking knew it!

As long as he directs something, I'm happy.

Paramount should give him carte blanche

MOTHERFUCKING YES

I'll wait and see. Fincher tackling a blockbuster again worries me, despite Pitt having a stake in as producer. If Fincher knocks it out of the park with his signature stylish trailers, then I'll be excited.

BlairCo wrote:I'll wait and see. Fincher tackling a blockbuster again worries me, despite Pitt having a stake in as producer. If Fincher knocks it out of the park with his signature stylish trailers, then I'll be excited.
again?

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
BlairCo wrote:I'll wait and see. Fincher tackling a blockbuster again worries me, despite Pitt having a stake in as producer. If Fincher knocks it out of the park with his signature stylish trailers, then I'll be excited.
again?

-Vader
Alien 3.£