World War Z 2

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Samesies. I mean it's Fincher, he's my favorite director, whatever he does I'll be there (next year Mind Hunt), but he lost way too much time running in circles at HBO after Gone Girl and now it's time for something new and exciting. Not sure it's this, yet.

m4st4 wrote:Samesies. I mean it's Fincher, he's my favorite director, whatever he does I'll be there (next year Mind Hunt), but he lost way too much time running in circles at HBO after Gone Girl and now it's time for something new and exciting. Not sure it's this, yet.
If this happens at least he's back to doing a movie.

Vader182 wrote:
SomeFrenchToast wrote:As long as the real book doesn't get a proper adaptation, I'll keep saying this is trash, no matter how good the movie may or may not be. It just can't get better than the book
That's very stupid.

-Vader
Considering the trash the first movie was, not only in regards to the book - that it shares only the title with - but to the zombie/post-apocalypse subgenre altogether, not really. If you haven't read the book I suggest you do it, and you'll understand my state of mind

Define trash? I mean sure you've red the book, books are generally better than adaptations, and WWZ is notoriously free-formed in many aspects, but I still remember most of the scenes quite vividly and Brad Pitt was once again a great lead.

If you wanna talk 'trash', talk PG-13 rating, now that was just poor decision making, which also arguably helped in bringing this sequel to life.

The book is an entire original take on the genre, it's actually a gathering of several interviews conducted by a journalist throughout the world after the apocalypse and as the humankind is rebuilding itself. It covers all the aspects that the apocalypse have touched - geopolitical, political, economical, cultural, country relationships, wars, even... and the information is all given by people from around the world, from Japan to France, through Afghanistan and even Antarctica, with their cultural bias, social class, the stakes it all implied, which were all different... I'm close to calling it a masterpiece of the post-apo genre because it's so refreshing yet so well-written. You get stories from a submarine crew, an otaku that never got out of his room before it all happened, a farmer, a mob boss, a jet pilot, a boundary spanner... there's so much more to it than a horde of running zombies trying to climb a giant wall, all in clumsy CGI. But hey, Brad Pitt, amirite?
Last edited by SomeFrenchToast on August 11th, 2016, 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I trust in Fincher

That is

If he is going to direct

Paramount has taken World War Z 2 off the 2017 release calendar.

The movie, set to return Brad Pitt return in the title role, was previously slated to open in theaters June 9 but the project was delayed when losing director J.A. Bayona last year. Insiders say Paramount hopes to now have World War Z ready for 2018, or 2019.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/w ... dar-972612

Still waiting for Fincher to say yes.

This sucks but it was more than expected.

What you mean its not coming out this year