Netflix's Daredevil

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
JohnConstantine wrote:
Bacon wrote:I want that song.
I want it too but it's not released yet.

Beautiful Crimes by Grayson Sanders
Yeah. I wonder when it'll release.

So that's our first (blurry) look at the red suit.

Why was there an Iron Man sound effect?

Reports from a set visit:
http://www.shortlist.com/entertainment/ ... -daredevil
Despite even tiny plot details being protected with FBI levels of secrecy, the first glimpses of Murdock as the lawyer-cum-crime-fighting Daredevil on the small screen aren’t pretty – brutally violent fight scenes, eyeballs impaled on spikes and blood splatters Quentin Tarantino would be proud of. One thing’s for sure, the latest stab at Daredevil is shrouded in Christopher Nolan-levels of vigilante grimness.
Cox also talks about practicing being blind:
Once he got the part, of course, reality set in; convincingly playing someone with no sight “has been tricky”. To get it right, Cox worked with a man named Joe who’s been blind for 20 years, and was particularly helpful because he had an experience of sight, and lost it at age 19. “We practised doing everyday things you wouldn’t necessarily think about, like making a cup of tea. He tells me if I’m walking with my cane right based on the sound, which is fascinating. One day he stopped me and said, ‘Hang on a second, you’re about to walk into a wall.’ He was behind me, I took my blindfold off and saw that the pavement had taken a bend. Joe describes it as echolocation – we were talking, and the way my voice was bouncing let him know.”

SilverHeart wrote:Reports from a set visit:
http://www.shortlist.com/entertainment/ ... -daredevil
Despite even tiny plot details being protected with FBI levels of secrecy, the first glimpses of Murdock as the lawyer-cum-crime-fighting Daredevil on the small screen aren’t pretty – brutally violent fight scenes, eyeballs impaled on spikes and blood splatters Quentin Tarantino would be proud of. One thing’s for sure, the latest stab at Daredevil is shrouded in Christopher Nolan-levels of vigilante grimness.
Cox also talks about practicing being blind:
Once he got the part, of course, reality set in; convincingly playing someone with no sight “has been tricky”. To get it right, Cox worked with a man named Joe who’s been blind for 20 years, and was particularly helpful because he had an experience of sight, and lost it at age 19. “We practised doing everyday things you wouldn’t necessarily think about, like making a cup of tea. He tells me if I’m walking with my cane right based on the sound, which is fascinating. One day he stopped me and said, ‘Hang on a second, you’re about to walk into a wall.’ He was behind me, I took my blindfold off and saw that the pavement had taken a bend. Joe describes it as echolocation – we were talking, and the way my voice was bouncing let him know.”
Daaaamn

So this echolocation thing is not that far off.

"But, what makes Daredevil really stand out is that it doesn't try too hard. There are never moments where Matt Murdock feels more than human."

Loved to read that.

Also, rather than the answers from everyone else involved saying they just thought the Affleck Daredevil was a 'different take', Scott Glenn straight up told the press that the big reason Marvel wanted to do Daredevil as a show first was because they really hate the movie.

Ivan wrote:"But, what makes Daredevil really stand out is that it doesn't try too hard. There are never moments where Matt Murdock feels more than human."

Loved to read that.
Yes. Cannot wait to see it for myself.