X-Men: Apocalypse (2016)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Yo did anyone notice the actual green screen "slipage" during the final set piece with storm shooting the car at beast? I could honestly see green screen bits around her.

This movie was definitely a bit mind boggling, in terms of how unnecessary it felt. Bryan singer has always done well with the X-Men movies, in my opinion. If nothing else, they all had something to offer past the usual explosions and typical comic-book stuff we're used to.This one was written in such a generic way I can't fathom why it was even made. They could have done so much more with what they had. That said, it's an entertaining movie and it doesn't deserve a 52 on Metacritic. More like 65-70 for me.

The script is 95% why this film doesn't work. Allmost all the problems can be traced back to it.

Like someone said earlier, Days of Future Past was a fluke for Kinberg I think, the rest of his screenwriting career is a total disaster

“X-Men” director Bryan Singer says popular franchise character Mystique should get her own standalone movie.

“I think [Mystique’s] right for [a standalone movie], whether it’s Jennifer [Lawrence] or not,” he told The Empire Film Podcast. “Xavier can get into Cerebro and look at the world, but he’d rather just teach classes and see the beauty of mutants and humans co-existing in his mansion in Westchester. Along comes Raven with a reality check on the state of the world. It opens up a lot of avenues.”

http://www.thewrap.com/mystique-solo-x- ... an-singer/

£

I quite enjoyed this movie, but then again I enjoy most comic book films.

Although I still don't understand why they had to make Apocalypse so effing ugly.

Now Where Was I ? wrote: Like someone said earlier, Days of Future Past was a fluke for Kinberg I think, the rest of his screenwriting career is a total disaster
Rebels

I kinda appreciate that there was an actual villain this time, rather than it being xmen v brotherhood or mutants v humans.

Apocalypse >>> Ultron IMO

the_red_ninja wrote:I kinda appreciate that there was an actual villain this time, rather than it being xmen v brotherhood or mutants v humans.

Obviously. Ultron was pretty bad in comparison.

the_red_ninja wrote:I kinda appreciate that there was an actual villain this time, rather than it being xmen v brotherhood or mutants v humans.

I actually liked Apocalypse in this film for what he was. I generally don't care for overpowered villians. They lack any sense of real motivation in the comics and the storylines have nothing to say. To an extent, such was the problem with this film as well. Comparing to DOFP or FC it really didn't have as good of a message... but still, I think they did what they could with such a villian. I really don't get people up and arms about Apocalypse here. If you liked him in the comics, you should like him here. He's not a great character in the comics either. I think that most people didn't like him just because he "looked strange/different than in the comics". While in the film they actually gave him a god complex and basically tried to turn that into a motivation: too much power corrupts.

I'd still like to see a director's cut of it or an ultimate cut with more of the young mutants, the mall scenes, develop them.

Yeah that was nice for a change. Funny actually, they got two very talented actors to play such great villains and the one just gets to say what he's going to do with the world and the other constantly cracks jokes.... Yeah, even just on that level Apocalypse >>> Ultron