X-Men: Apocalypse (2016)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Forum Pro
Law
Singer is bringing back his X2 writers for this

Last edited by Law on December 19th, 2013, 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Law wrote:Singer is bringing back his X2 writers for this
great news

Now Where Was I ? wrote:
great news
You know what would be even better news? If Vaughn were involved.

Am I right or am I right?

11072014 wrote:
Now Where Was I ? wrote:
great news

Both.

11072014 wrote:
Now Where Was I ? wrote:
great news

not at all
the x-men series has finally come back to the right people

We dont know that yet. It's been a looooooong time since X-2. We shall see.

Joeyjojo72 wrote:We dont know that yet. It's been a looooooong time since X-2. We shall see.
First Class and Wolverine were pretty cool. That's why we're here in the first place.

Joeyjojo72 wrote:We dont know that yet. It's been a looooooong time since X-2. We shall see.

“We’re currently breaking the story. We’re almost ready to go. Dan Harris, Michael Dougherty and Simon Kinberg are in the office across the street from me, working on story stuff right now. It’s great to have Dan and Michael back.”
“We’re going to deal with the notion of ancient mutants – the fact they were born and existed thousands of years ago. But it’ll be a contemporary movie – well, it’ll take place in the ’80s… The ’80s is a period now – it’s hard for me to believe that!”
“Apocalypse will have more of the mass destruction that X-Men films, to date, have not relied upon. There’s definitely now a character and a story that allow room for that kind of spectacle… I don’t want to get too specific, but we’ll introduce familiar characters in a younger time. That’ll be fun to show the audience. I call these movies in-between-quels. It’s a mind-fuck sometimes in terms of where things fall in the timeline!”
“Yeah, there actually are [more stories I want to tell]. It all stems back to when I did [the first] X-Men. You always want to know where a character’s going to go, what their future’s going be like. You can always sequelise. But on that film I also had actors asking ‘Who am I? Where did my character come from?’ So as a director you always need a backstory to give your actors. It may not be the right backstory, but it’s one you can give the actor to help them understand their character. These prequels are really exciting for me because they give me a chance to explore ideas I came up with more than a decade ago.”
Source

http://www.cinepremiere.com.mx/36034-br ... lypse.html
Translated
Cine PREMIERE had the chance to speak exclusively with director Bryan Singer, who seriously think about Gambit and Nightcrawler returns to X -Men : Apocalypse :

"I'm considering a potentially Gambit and Nightcrawler to a young Apocalypse . Going to have to Nightcrawler [ Days of the future past ] and even wrote a scene , but I felt that we were forcing too mutants known history." For the rest of the team , the director was very clear to ensure that the film will only show the last mutants .