X-Men: Apocalypse (2016)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Yeah, like I said, I've loved Singer's X-Men films, and Apocalypse will be no different. Just pointing out something that imo shines through in trailers. Movies always look better once you're in the theater.

VFX looks terrible and it looks this film is really reliant on it. That's really worrying. Singer's three films were all great in that department.

Now Where Was I ? wrote:VFX looks terrible and it looks this film is really reliant on it. That's really worrying. Singer's three films were all great in that department.
Which clips? The only ones that stand out to me are Psylocke's flip (due to the way it's edited) and Storm's landing.

more generic capeshit schlock ugh god why won't this die already

ChristNolan wrote:more generic capeshit schlock ugh god why won't this die already
Haters gonna hate.

yucky

Eh, it'sa tv spot. Given that Bryan Singer has made the three best X-Men films to date I have no reason to think that he's not passionate about this one as well. It's just 40 seconds long, hence not enough to judge the entire movie on, which is why I don't get how someone can say they're disappointed or how they lost faith with this movie....given that a) we have yet to see the movie and b) the fact that it's a short tv spot, I don't really see what the problem is other than people having an issue with Jennifer Lawrence and hence disliking everything she's in.

I'd have less of an issue with people disliking the footage if they gave reasons other than making blanket statements just saying it all just looks "terrible." It's an advertisement, so if it fails to seem appealing to audiences, it's not doing it's job, but it seems to me like some of the audience isn't exactly looking to be pleased. (Not attacks against people here, I've just seen this happen with many advertisements for films, this one included).

I don't have an issue either with what little we see of the story or the special effects. To me this was a good tvspot but I generally don't jump up and down waiting for tv spots to be released, as there'll be enough of that the closer we get to the release date anyway and I generally tend to end up not caring about the massive amount of promos, featurettes, etc. I just want to watch a movie, not a soulless product. This does not seem like a soulless product to me.

it actually kinda looks like hes purposely trying to make the VFX like its from a comic book