X-Men: Apocalypse (2016)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
The CG in the final act was worse tho

BlairCo wrote:That Quicksilver scene... That terrible CGI... I wanted to have a migraine...
That was one helluva Coca-Cola commercial... my initial thoughts on that sequence. Entirely OP and unnecessary and there just to 'be better' than DOFP Quicksilver scene... and that is how most of the movie felt to me, throw this and that for whatever the fuck reasons, cause it looks cool.
Last edited by m4st4 on August 22nd, 2016, 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

I wish the next X-Men film is with only the new X-Men in the lead roles and not another arc of Magneto going bad.

I wish the next X-Men film is only with the new X-Men in the lead (no Phoenix story yet please) and not with Magneto going bad... again.

The investment from McAvoy and Fassbender is insane given what they have to work from.

ArmandFancypants wrote:The investment from McAvoy and Fassbender is insane given what they have to work from.
I mean... Magneto works in metallurgy...

Cringe the fuck out of here, Kinberg.

ArmandFancypants wrote:The investment from McAvoy and Fassbender is insane given what they have to work from.
Literally the one reason I would re-watch this piece of schlock.

In retrospect it's Singer who baffles me most, because all of his previous films, even the ones I don't like, all the way from Public Access onwards have some USP that keeps you intrigued (haven't seen Nicholas Hoult and the Star Billing yet though) - this has absolutely nothing, it is tawdry smashy smashy explody gibberish.

It does however have one great scene which is the missile launch sequence. And even that joins the growing list of films abusing Beethoven's 7th.