X-Men: Apocalypse (2016)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
m4st4 wrote:McAvoy was highlight of both First Class and Days for me... he continues that winning streak by looking absolutely baddas as baldie.
I thought he was overacting. He was better in DOFP than in First Class though.

Nomis wrote:
m4st4 wrote:McAvoy was highlight of both First Class and Days for me... he continues that winning streak by looking absolutely baddas as baldie.
If overacting means you're pouring your soul into a character then yes.

I didnt care for him much in First Class. He was great in DoFP though.

shauner111 wrote:I didnt care for him much in First Class. He was great in DoFP though.
Other way around.

m4st4 wrote:
Nomis wrote:
If overacting means you're pouring your soul into a character then yes.
To me he was overacting. He was overdoing his lines often. It felt unnatural in First Class. Like I said, he was better in DOFP though I think he can do better.

He was so charming in First Class. His early scenes, he's charismatic as hell and it's so evident that this guy is a genius of some sort. The only scene I reckon he overacted in was when Erik kills Sebastain Shaw; the rest he was excellent. I'd even go as far as to say he's better in First Class than DOFP.

He's exceptional in DOFP, one of the great protagonist performances in a comic book film.

ArmandFancypants wrote:He's exceptional in DOFP, one of the great protagonist performances in a comic book film.
Oh, he is definately.

ArmandFancypants wrote:He's exceptional in DOFP, one of the great protagonist performances in a comic book film.
Holy shit we agree on something.