X-Men: Apocalypse (2016)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
DoubleD wrote:Image
I'm getting serious Chris Claremont/Jim Lee vibes, just in a sense that everything feels properly colorful and retro. Their early 90s run is my forever imprinted vision of what X-Men should look like and feel like, besides probably my favorite X-run ever - Morrison's New X-Men. Ironically, Singer was inspired by the latter and now he's going full circle with his team of wonderful designers, this is going to be such a blast: 80s teenage mutants, arcade machines and pop fun (Jubilee will deliver the sparks), combined with proved veterans and badassery that is Oscar Isaac/Apocalypse. Can't wait, next year is going to be a blast for sure.

Forum Pro
Law
m4st4 wrote:
DoubleD wrote:Image
I'm getting serious Chris Claremont/Jim Lee vibes, just in a sense that everything feels properly colorful and retro. Their early 90s run is my forever imprinted vision of what X-Men should look like and feel like, besides probably my favorite X-run ever - Morrison's New X-Men. Ironically, Singer was inspired by the latter and now he's going full circle with his team of wonderful designers, this is going to be such a blast: 80s teenage mutants, arcade machines and pop fun (Jubilee will deliver the sparks), combined with proved veterans and badassery that is Oscar Isaac/Apocalypse. Can't wait, next year is going to be a blast for sure.

So I imagine John Ottman will be the composer/editor for this. I wonder if he'll compose a new theme for the X-Men or if he'll use his X2 theme. It'll be weird to have the X2/DoFP theme come in without any of the old cast returning.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

EDIT: We also got our first look at Fassy in that low res video Singer posted. If that's his look for the film, he's got some facial hair on him.

nolannolanchrischris wrote:Image
Niiiice

His younger self wouldn't pull it off but this looks great, finally!

Looking good! :clap: :clap: :clap:

A sequel to There is Something About Mary... only this time it's Erik?